Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney halts production on Depp’s ‘Lone Ranger’

A retelling of the classic western "The Long Ranger" was supposed to start filming this fall, but Disney has pulled the plug on the anticipated Johnny Depp project.
    A Disney rep tells CNN, “Yes, that production ['The Lone Ranger'] has been shut down and everyone involved in the production is meeting to figure out next steps.”
    According to the Hollywood Reporter, budget clashes between Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski are what brought the project down.

Verbinski – who directed the first three "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies - reportedly balked at the budget laid out by the studio, demanding more money to make the movie.
    "The Long Ranger" was a potential franchise-starter, with Armie Hammer lined up as the Lone Ranger and Depp slated to play Tonto, his Native American sidekick. It was scheduled to be released in December 2012.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      Michael Bay will probably get it
      And that would be unfortunate.

Comment

• Where is Romster lately? I hope all is well.

Comment

• Was just thinking the same, Bim!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• All is well
            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• That's good to hear.

Comment

• Romster! Glad you are present and accounted for.

Comment

• I watched Source Code last night with Jake Gylenhall. It was pretty good. I have to say, Michelle Monoghan was never on my radar before but I liked what I saw of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
                    All is well
                    Just checked in here to see about that. Yay!

Comment

• I have seen eight movies in nearly two months, at the movie theatres!
                      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Thanks y'all

Anyone see the documentary Catfish? Fascinating...
                        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I saw Easy A. It was a cute movie. Emma Stone seems to overact a bit but overall it's not bad. I like her a lot. I can't wait to see her in Spiderman.

I saw True Grit. Very good movie. I'm not sure Jeff Bridges deserved an Oscar for it but he was good. So were Matt Damon and the young girl.

Comment

• I caught Easy A on Starz a couple of weeks ago & I really liked it - it was much better than I expected going in. It also had my new favorite movie quote.

Snotty Christian Girl: "You better hope that God has a sense of humor!"

Emma Stone's character: "I have 17 years of anectodal proof that He does."

LOL!
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• lol!
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I really liked that movie. Reminded me of the "Pretty in Pink"/"Sixteen Candles" genre. And I think Emma Stone is quirkily charming. (Is quirkily a word?)
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X