No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doesn't matter, should be great because Christopher Nolan is directing it.
    I remember when people first heard that Heath Ledger is a villain for "The Dark Knight" months before the first trailer, people were questioning that.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Ryan Reynolds so that has something to do with my post. I think he's marginally funny.

Begrudgingly, over the last few years I have come to the conclusion that Justin Timberlake actually has some talent so I'd at least put him as Reynolds' equal.

Comment

• I got chills watching this
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9M-ys1bTg"]‪The Dark Knight Rises ''Leaked'' Teaser Official 720p‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Come on.......before the mila kunis movie came out, the closest thing he'd had to a leading role was boo-boo in the yogi movie.

He did a decent job in a small supporting role in the Facebook movie......but other than that it's all smaller roles.

I'm not gay for reynolds or anything......but the guy has been the leading man in a bunch of movies. Green lantern was a bad movie (not really his fault for that) buthis next superhero gig is the deadpool movie.....which is taylor made for him if they do it correctly (though probably only 85% of people don't know who deadpool is....so it could flop as well)

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Can't wait for December 2012!

I didn't want you guys to kick my ass for posting this gigantic picture in the forum, so I just linked it.

The Hobbit - Dwarven Company
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Cool poster.....it's still year and a half away?

Comment

• as much as I love the LOTR, I'm not sure if i'm looking forward to "The Hobbit" like other anticipated movies.

Its all about "The Dark Knight Rises" in 2012 for me.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's a two-part one. The first half is Dec. 2012....so yeah, a long ways off. I think they only started filming a couple months ago.

And look at it this way, Cody, Hobbit is the end of 2012. You only have to give it a couple of weeks and leave the rest for Batman.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Took Liam to see captain America on Saturday....it was OK.

But the teaser trailer for the avengers that rolled after the credits was what really got me excited.

Comment

• It has to be better than the Uma Thurman version
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Went to see Cowboys and Aliens the other night. It was actually pretty good despite the silliness of the premise. The characters had some depth and were more than just adornments to be dangled during overly long, pointlessly turgid, action set pieces as they were in a franchise involving robots which I saw recently.

Daniel Craig looked great and did a fine job with everything but his accent. Harrison Ford is showing his age but still has charisma and enough machismo to pull off his part despite the fact it's an action film and he's like... what. 142 years old? Olivia Wilde can saddle me up, spurs and all anytime she likes. She's gorgeous but her role was the least complex of those on screen and she didn't really feel completely engaged to me. It's part of the ongoing problem in Hollywood with women's roles often being the weakest.

Still, it was a fun ride and it's well worth taking in.

Comment

• Good to see you Mark.

I saw the previews during the Superbowl (I think?) and was wowed with the cast. Then saw the spaceships and figured this was a suckfest waiting to happen. Glad it doesn't sound like that's true. Wish they had just made it a straight up western with that cast and left the science fiction part out of it, though.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I saw Crazy Stupid Love last weekend and really liked it. It was better than I thought it would be. Very funny and a great cast. It was sweet and serious at times too. And just when it would venture into cliche territory, something would happen to reel it back in. I'm looking forward to seeing it again when it comes out on DVD.
                              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Cant wait to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The trailer looks amazing and I like the kid Franco.
                                Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X