OT-funny video thread.. googogogogogo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    That's not even funny. I find it incredibly hard to believe that actually happened. An actual bump and an Oops look the other way I can understand. They just kept after it. That's beyond incredibly stupid in open daylight with people walking down the street and looking out their windows.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!

?So many people were out on the street watching it? says McArdle, whose father owns the van that was hit. ?They were all yelling at the truck driver, ?Stop, you?re going to damage the cars!? ?

?Everyone could see what was going to happen, but they didn?t care. They did it anyway?, McArdle said.

NYC Department of Sanitation spokesperson Vito Turso responded to McArdle?s account calling the situation ?Unfortunate, but not unusual? during winter storms. He also said that owners of any vehicles damaged by the Department of Sanitation are usually compensated.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Simply AMAZING. Any other city and those employees would be FIRED immediately. What the hell kind of PR is that???? Not to mention cost effective..................Just assinine.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I doubt they get fired in Detroit
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Kwame isn't in charge anymore.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Simply AMAZING. Any other city and those employees would be FIRED immediately. What the hell kind of PR is that???? Not to mention cost effective..................Just assinine.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
            There is sort of an attitude that that stuff like that is part of the cost of having a car in NYC.

And the police and fireman and city workers who keep the city running smoothly have a green light to do nearly what ever it takes. I mean a snow day in new york is a loss of billions in economic activity. It's just on a whole different level.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• It wouldn't have taken a whole lot more to hook up the FEL on the side and pull it sideways first(the ass end) and then pull. Matter of fact it probably would have taken less effort seeing as they kept getting caught up on the vehicle they were destroying.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

It wouldn't have taken a whole lot more to hook up the FEL on the side and pull it sideways first(the ass end) and then pull. Matter of fact it probably would have taken less effort seeing as they kept getting caught up on the vehicle they were destroying.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                Well there are idiots everywhere

But still these guys were working in some serious snow in very very tight spaces... spacing that we are not used to dealing with here in michigan. And like wise NYC doesn't get as much accumulated snow as michigan does typically.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• You can rationalize it anyway you want. It was FUCKING STUPID!!!!

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

You can rationalize it anyway you want. It was FUCKING STUPID!!!!

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                    It was stupid

I'm just trying to explain the attitude about it of the people there and why they might not get fired (though they still could too).

Comment

• They should be without question.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

They should be without question.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                        If they needed that rig to free up some important roadways they would likely do it again in a heart beat. NYC runs smoothly at all costs.

Comment

• I didn't notice any chains on that rig. Did anyone else? Pretty lame to be out in thick snow like that w/o chains on that tractor.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• NYC doesn't get that kind of snow that often. Not that thats an excuse but it is what it is.

Comment

• Man o man. Is there any single case where you do not champion for the idiot or the "less advantaged"? Don't answer.

Public safety (property and casualty) is tantamount for city workers.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                Man o man. Is there any single case where you do not champion for the idiot or the "less advantaged"? Public safety (property and casualty) is tantamount for city workers.

Don't answer.
                                Never did that. I simply wanted to bridge the gap in understanding how NYC operates and its an extremely well run city thats like no other place in the world.

Damage to a car is a minor concern to keeping city operating as smooth as possible.

Were those guys idiots? Yeah very likely.. but its still a secondary concern for the city as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X