U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    Let's watch this and judge which uni's are better...

Highlights: Michigan vs. Michigan State , 2011 - YouTube
    Those are not unis I am not proud of (nor would ever buy. Thank you very much, Pizza Boy Brandon!) but at least they still were the team colors.

Comment

All about a nice baselayer

And I love REI... super fun store.
      Yeah. I have some thermal underwear but I need more and I seriously need some boots. All I have are some Timberland hiking boots and those just don't cut it when it goes below 40 degrees. I also want some ski/snow pants that I can put on over my jeans.

I have a feeling it is going to be an expensive day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        Brook. As I said above they were labeled as rejects before they were state commits. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Why would you be so shocked that Pittman may have wanted to talk about committing to Michigan? He decommitted from State about as quickly as he could. It doesn't seem like it was his dream.

Michigan already had three WDE commits (strobel, ojemudia, and pharaoh brown) they didn't have room for a third.

If it makes you feel better they also rejected Schutt.

This happens nearly every time there player that is 4 stars or above and UofM was reportedly interested, and that player doesn't reciprocate that interest he is nearly universally said to have been rejected by UofM. The timing (before he committed some place else) has never stopped this before. It might have happened as mgoblog rumors stated, but those rumors are essentially worthless and it's just as likely, if not more so, that the players signaled that they were not interested in UofM and the interpretation by Mgoblogites will always be that UofM rejected them, not the other way around.

And it took Pittman months to decommit and he's only one of a handful that have ever decommitted from Dantonio at MSU.

If it makes you feel better though most school football fan blogs/communities do this.
        Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; December 13, 2011, 12:38 PM.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Of course Pittman had UM in his top three. With OSU and MSU. And was "rejected" bEfore he committed to State.

I also don't remember M fans saying that. The feeder school or the high school coach is the excuse I've always heard. But if it makes you feel better, you can think MSU was Pittmans first choice. (until the other choices came calling)
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Who pays so much attention to Michigan recruiting to peg this as a historical trend?

I guess Little Brother always wants to see what Big Bro is up to.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              Yeah. I have some thermal underwear but I need more and I seriously need some boots. All I have are some Timberland hiking boots and those just don't cut it when it goes below 40 degrees. I also want some ski/snow pants that I can put on over my jeans.

I have a feeling it is going to be an expensive day.
              I went with Garmont Ice Locks.. they sell them at REI but the stores usually don't carry the Ice Locks on hand (but have the other two Garmont models that are not as insulated).

And yeah that stuff adds up fast.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Of course Pittman had UM in his top three. With OSU and MSU. And was "rejected" bEfore he committed to State.

I also don't remember M fans saying that. The feeder school or the high school coach is the excuse I've always heard. But if it makes you feel better, you can think MSU was Pittmans first choice. (until the other choices came calling)
                Cept I never went into rumors and speculation. I only called BS when UofM fans (again, and again, and again) suggest MSU got their left overs. Rumors are just rumors. If you think UofM lets top 100 players go when they could have them and that helps you "feel better" than believe away.

Comment

• Well apparently I don't follow recruiting enough .... you don't have to know this. As Brook says when a guy a reportedly as much talent as Pittman has is available to you then you are most definitely interested.

I'm man enough to admit I'm very disappointed that he isn't going to play for the Green & White ... but I'm sure that Dantonio will fill his spot with another talented kid, so it's not a big deal.

What I'll never do is say ... well we didn't want him anyway, because it would simply be B.S.
                  Forever One!

Comment

Let's watch this and judge which uni's are better...
                    How incredibly petty.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• they started it ... lol.
                      Forever One!

Comment

• Of course you wouldn't say that. Because you were recruiting him and he was even committed. Durrr
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                          How incredibly petty.
                          Now that was just good fun ... come on respect it.

Comment

• Well Pittman is a buckeye so who cares anymore... Why do I keep walking straight into mindless UofM/MSU pissing contests. Perhaps even leading that parade sometimes.

Comment

• Im always in the minority it seems with college football, they looked it a bit like pajamas, but I like the all white uniforms. States were a monstrosity and they didn't even get the colors right (as bought up) they looked like Baylor out there.

Comment

• Michigan To Wear Special Jerseys For Sugar Bowl

Comment

Working...
                                X