No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiscy would belie the claim that State was better at the end of the game.

And M essentially won the game by 10 despite a fluke dropped punt snap in it's own territory against a decent OSU team in the game. Thats hardly taking to the limit.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• OSU game was closer than it should have been, no doubt. It's hardly the first time in the UM-OSU game that has happened. There is a reason they say throw out the records (unless Rich Rodriguez is involved). OSU was trying to salvage their season and win Fickell's last game. They played hard. Even ignoring the ridiculous replay officiating it was a tighter game than you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        Wiscy would belie the claim that State was better at the end of the game.

And M essentially won the game by 10 despite a fluke dropped punt snap in it's own territory against a decent OSU team in the game. Thats hardly taking to the limit.
        The devil is in the details. But that cuts both ways.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
          Yes, I would LOVE to hear the reasons why a team that stomped you 24-3 isn't a better team than you. I need my daily dose of comedy.
          When you figure out why Houston isn't better than most top 25 teams you will have answered this profound question yourself.

Or to keep it simple. Iowa.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            UofM homer position: They are equal!

MSU homer position: MSU is way better!

Reality: State is a little better this year.
            Agree wholeheartedly Brook.
            Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              Other than the BCS Championship game all bowl games are about revenue for host cities. They are not playoff games, and someone will always feel slighted.

Don't run into the kicker and you go to the Rose Bowl.
              Rose Bowl has remained true to form for the most part.
              Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                When you figure out why Houston isn't better than most top 25 teams you will have answered this profound question yourself.

Or to keep it simple. Iowa.
                What the hell does Houston have to do with any of this? You guys bring up the absolute weirdest comparisons that make absolutely no sense. Did Houston kick your ass like Nebraska did? Houston didn't play anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  We aren't complaining about not being in the CCG. We didn't deserve to be there. MSU should have won the game. They lost because of a bonehead play, and the first response is to complain about a committee selecting Michigan to go to the Sugar Bowl. Instead, they should look at themselves and admit that they lost their chance at the Rose Bowl. No one took it from them.
                  agree they should have won. still a bummer.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    The irritation from me was that Michigan was pretty much guaranteed a BCS spot (over several other deserving teams) without even playing a game.

Meanwhile, the team that beat them head to head, and in the division, had to win yet another game (against a team they had already beat once), to get their shot. One team had to earn it (again), while the other had it handed to them... because they're Michigan.

And that's bullshit.
                    that's they system. Don't like it, but nothing I can do about it. It's going to take a lawsuit by a slighted school (Utah, Boise State etal) before anything starts to change.

I'd like to be one of the bigwigs with a bowl game. Dude makes 600K/year to do what exactly? Work one day picking a couple of teams?

What's the old saying ... Pigs get fed, Hogs get slaughtered. Well it's apparant that Hogs are in charge of these bowl games and their greed will ultimately cost them everything.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• Boise won't sue anymore. They are in the system now that they joined the Big East.

Comment

And Nebraska is a little better than MSU this season.
                        And Appalahian State is better than U-M .... .... that argument was/is pathetically baseless.
                        Forever One!

Comment

What the hell does Houston have to do with any of this? You guys bring up the absolute weirdest comparisons that make absolutely no sense. Did Houston kick your ass like Nebraska did? Houston didn't play anybody.
                          Don't you get the irony in you claiming others are cherry picking when you only want to focus on one single game.

Which is easily trumped by either the Iowa results or the head to head. Take your pick.

Comment

No the main thing MSU fans are insisting is that head-to-head matters between UM-MSU, but not between MSU-Nebraska.
                            wrong again, nobody in this thread has claimed that. The light really never comes on for you does it?

If Nebraska was better team they would have been the team playing in the BTC game. Same goes for Michigan.

They were better on the day they played State. No doubt. The same doesn't go for Michigan however.
                            Forever One!

Comment

Why is anyone surprised that the BcS took the team that would make it the most cash? That has been how the system has worked since it was created.

Is it bullshit? DUH. It's ALWAYS been bullshit.
                              who said surprised. Many have said wrong, but I know the last thing I was was surprised.
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                                If Nebraska was better team they would have been the team playing in the BTC game. Same goes for Michigan.
                                Oh, so now non-conference games no longer count? Because you do know that non-conference games don't have any bearing on the Big Ten Title game right?

How convenient for you. The Notre Dame loss doesn't count because it was out of conference and the Nebraska game doesn't count because even though Nebraska kicked your ass, they lost to some other teams so they MUST not be better than you.

Cherry pickers.

Comment

Working...
                                X