No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You couldn't even make it to Indianapolis. Dont tell me sparty travels.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm sure they will be showing strong at the pizza bowl, or wherever they're going....

Comment

• Oh I am right, MSU travels well. You specifically talked about only travelling, in which MSU does travel well. One only needs to look to last night. They out travelled Wisconsin. You might be right on ratings but you didn't say that the first time and then you said you doubted on MSU's ability to travel.

And I'm calling shenanigans on this statement:

the majority of the Michigan fans I know would gladly have the BcS scrapped for a playoff. But what power do fans have?

The time you have to make your voice known is now. You're the beneficiaries right now of a corrupt system in which you are benefitting. If these fans really wanted it scrapped they wouldn't be rationalizing why they got the gift they just did.

If you're saying, "This system stinks it needs to be scrapped, but in the meantime we'll take this Sugar Bowl gift."

Its not much different than saying in 2006, "Only a conference champion should be in the national championship" Only to say 5 years later, " There's no rule against a rematch." Its really all the same, not much different than the Southern Hypocrites.
        Last edited by froot loops; December 5, 2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          You couldn't even make it to Indianapolis. Dont tell me sparty travels.
          Huh? They travel to every bowl game and they weren't returning tickets like Wisconsin.

Comment

• And yet the stadium was still half empty.

Comment

• I'll tell you what? Michigan will give up their Sugar Bowl birth right about the same time Alabama says they don't really deserve to play in the title game.

Suggesting that Michigan should decline a bowl bid that came 100% legitimately through an admittedly screwed up system is ridiculous. The system needs to be changed between seasons, not just when it predictably does stupid shit at the end of the season. As the Oklahoma State coach said, all the BcS teams have agreed to play with this stupid system, so that is what we have. Everyone knew (or should have known) that the system was idiotic years ago, so why is any of this a surprise?

By the way, do you have any idea how much money MSU would lose out on if Michigan declined the bowl bid? Every team in the Big Ten benefits when the league gets two teams into the BcS. No team in the country is going to turn down a BcS bowl bid, no matter how f'ed up the system is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                And yet the stadium was still half empty.
                It wasn't half empty. State sold out its allotment in less than a day.

Comment

• There were 9,000 seats on stub hub the day of the game. A super traveling team like sparty should have picked those up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                    I'll tell you what? Michigan will give up their Sugar Bowl birth right about the same time Alabama says they don't really deserve to play in the title game.

Suggesting that Michigan should decline a bowl bid that came 100% legitimately through an admittedly screwed up system is ridiculous. The system needs to be changed between seasons, not just when it predictably does stupid shit at the end of the season. As the Oklahoma State coach said, all the BcS teams have agreed to play with this stupid system, so that is what we have. Everyone knew (or should have known) that the system was idiotic years ago, so why is any of this a surprise?

By the way, do you have any idea how much money MSU would lose out on if Michigan declined the bowl bid? Every team in the Big Ten benefits when the league gets two teams into the BcS. No team in the country is going to turn down a BcS bowl bid, no matter how f'ed up the system is.
                    You're having reading comprehension issues, I never said they should decline the invitation. I'm talking about you specifically the fans. As long as you rationalize why you got the bid, nothing is ever going to change. A certain part of you and every other Michigan fans supports the BCS much more than they would care to admit to themselves. As long as you say things like this:

"Michigan will give up their Sugar Bowl birth right about the same time Alabama says they don't really deserve to play in the title game."

As long as you say stuff like that, you might as well be saying Long Live the BCS!!! Both you and Alabama have a vested interest in keeping the status quo. In theory you might like a playoff but you sure aren't going to fight for one. And if you guys aren't fighting for one, its never happening.

Comment

• Don't put all of us in that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Don't put all of us in that group.
                        In what group?

Comment

• People that bitch about the BCS, I love it and im glad to finally see Michigan get in a BCS Bowl. Most years they get it right IMO and its right again this year. Just that the rematch isn't what I would want to see, but Bama is the number 2 team.

Comment

• You're in the minority wingsfan.

Comment

• I know :-)

Comment

• I would not complain about a +1 though. I think that will be the next step.

Comment

Working...
                                X