No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemiclord continues to be extremely tiresome. Michigan found out about the wrongdoing, fired the coach and divested itself of its championships and wins. He seems to think UM supporters claim the school's employees and student athletes don't cheat. Everybody cheats. Michigan acts harshly when you're caught cheating. Yes, it is different. It's sad that you can't see it.

...shouldn't have said, "Everybody cheats." Not everybody cheats. There are honest brokers everywhere. But every major college sports program has had its cheaters.
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Listen, I'm sorry that your school isn't this bastion of integrity like you want to believe it is.

I'm glad that you are content that they slap themselves harder after they've been caught. I'm not. How about they... I dunno... not cheat before you thump their chests about the school superior integrity?

But really, I don't care so much that Michigan tries to cheat the system. As I've said, all major programs do, and there's very little that is going to stop it as long as college sports are such big money makers.

But don't pretend Michigan is any better than anyone else. They're not. That's what irritates me.

Comment

• What a thread.

Once again Ktwat proves that he is a dumbass.

Who'd a thunk it?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For that to be possible, you'd actually have to be capable of thinking, KKKVT.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Listen, I'm sorry that your school isn't this bastion of integrity like you want to believe it is.

I'm glad that you are content that they slap themselves harder after they've been caught. I'm not. How about they... I dunno... not cheat before you thump their chests about the school superior integrity?

But really, I don't care so much that Michigan tries to cheat the system. As I've said, all major programs do, and there's very little that is going to stop it as long as college sports are such big money makers.

But don't pretend Michigan is any better than anyone else. They're not. That's what irritates me.
            You are highly amusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
              For that to be possible, you'd actually have to be capable of thinking, KKKVT.
              Oooooo...burn...

Ha!
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                You have to admit it's pretty silly to accuse MSU of being dirty all based on Cleaves being in the early stages of Unlce Ed's grooming process, a UofM booster, no?
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• call me ignorant, but I honestly believe that Izzo does not cheat, he's just a different kind of cat ... which is not to say that MSU hasn't had guys who did. Darryl Rogers, George Perles.

Izzo is a different cat. Plus his recruting record validates it. He get's good players, but very rarely those high profile super stars. Here's a team that is the epitome of success yet still has a hard time pulling in the McDonald's all-americans? Why? Because Izzo doesn't grease the wheels of the guys who 'handle' so many of those players. That's how guys like Calipari do it.
                  Last edited by Masspartan; March 14, 2011, 12:21 PM.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• I don't think Izzo cheats. He seemed really shook up over that deal where he had to take the suspension over the recruiter who got paid to work his camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                      I don't think Izzo cheats. He seemed really shook up over that deal where he had to take the suspension over the recruiter who got paid to work his camp.
                      Paid like $10 an hour to teach basketball to kids. And we still don't know his relationship to a potential recruit or if MSU was even aware. I think if you compare izzo missing a game for that deal and then Tressel self imposing a 2 game suspension (and money.. which OSU can just repay him next time his contract comes around) seems ridiculously small for willfully misleading the NCAA and directly lying to them.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        Paid like $10 an hour to teach basketball to kids. And we still don't know his relationship to a potential recruit or if MSU was even aware. I think if you compare izzo missing a game for that deal and then Tressel self imposing a 2 game suspension (and money.. which OSU can just repay him next time his contract comes around) seems ridiculously small for willfully misleading the NCAA and directly lying to them.
                        You know, Brook, I had mentioned that because it seemed very trivial and Izzo seemed genuinely remorseful. But your springing to the defense and offering a raft of excuses has made me rethink my position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                          The following information was taken from various newspaper articles

44. UM Academic fraud and steering athletes to easier classes happened even in this era, and nothing is done.

in Columbus, they call this Tuesday :-D
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                            you forgot to include #32, which is I don't give a fuck.

Anybody else think it's hilarious that Kstat waited until #32?
                            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                              You know, Brook, I had mentioned that because it seemed very trivial and Izzo seemed genuinely remorseful. But your springing to the defense and offering a raft of excuses has made me rethink my position.
                              Well I am an MSU homer no doubt. But I'm also right

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Well I am an MSU homer no doubt. But I'm also right
                                Now I'm rethinking it very hard. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X