No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Rich didn't have to sneak a peek at his defense.
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• He's lucky then. The rest of us have to watch it all game long...
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• My throat is sore from yelling yesterday. Kudos to DickRod.
        ------------
        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Damn, UofM should schedule a bye week more often.. back in the top 25 with the USA today poll for this weekends fine work.

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Maybe if they skip the rest of the year, they'll make the top ten.

Comment

• are you serious? U of M doesnt deserve to be in the top 25.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think it's not so much who deserves to be in the Top 25 as it is who wants to be OUT of the Top 25 the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  are you serious? U of M doesnt deserve to be in the top 25.

Meh, they're 5-2 with their only losses to #5 and #18ish. I'm just as mad at the team as anyone, but it's not last year....yet. If we lose 2 of our next 3 I'd be surprised. Hopefully demens can make this LB corps serviceable and our offense can take better care of the ball, we could win 8 or maybe even 9 games that way.
                  Last edited by LionsWolverines; October 24, 2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Don't count on it.

Comment

• I didn't say I'm counting on it, I said it's concievable. I'm not that afraid of Purdue, Penn State, or illinois (them being the best of the 3, I'd say). And I definitely think we can put points up on Wisconsin and that other team, assuming we keep the turnovers in check. We haven't had trouble moving the ball in either of our losses, it's been untimely penalties(Lewan) and turnovers (everyone else) that've hurt us.

And I absoulutely believe demens is a lot better than ezeh was. Mouton is the one I'm worried about.

Comment

• LOL!!! How do you get back into the top 25 after losing 2 in a row AT HOME??? Yeah, I know -- other teams fell out. But still.

I guess I'll take it, though.
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• It's not like they lost to FCS teams, MSU is damn good, and Iowa is good too. Anyway, they're only ranked in one of the polls, and it isn't the BCS, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsWolverines View Post
                            It's not like they lost to FCS teams.
                            Yes, that 5 point win over UMass was decisive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                              LOL!!! How do you get back into the top 25 after losing 2 in a row AT HOME??? Yeah, I know -- other teams fell out. But still.

I guess I'll take it, though.
                              Yeah that's what I'm saying.. Anyone that loses 2 in a row should be WAY out let alone having them both at home. Our defense is the worst in the nation and the offense cant seem to do anything with the ball if we play someone good.

F this team and rich.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                                Yes, that 5 point win over UMass was decisive.
                                Who said it was?

I said the two teams we lost to are very respectable.

If/when we lose to purdue/PSU it will put us behind other 3 loss teams. But for now, State is one of the top teams in the country and Iowa can certainly hang with most teams. We put up 500 yards on Iowa (and almost 200 was on the ground against what was supposed to be one of the best run defenses in the country) But untimely turnovers and penalties (lewan again) killed us. I 100% believe that if; 1. Demens is as far ahead of ezeh as he looked against iowa, 2. Mouton plays at an alright level,
                                and 3. We stop making dumb mistakes offensively, we can hang in with anyone left on our schedule, and should really win the next 2 and probably 3 games. Wisconsin and OSU being significantly more difficult.

That said there's always a chance we just implode and have another 2009, (undoubtably would cost RR his job) but I doubt it. No one thought we were going undefeated and into the NC game this year. 8-4 or even 9-3 would give us a good boost heading into next season when denard and almost all of the offense will be returning, woofolk and a zillion other secondary guys will be back from injury, (we've got a High School QB and a WR back in our secondary now) and we could be poised to have a much more competitive year next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X