U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Whoooosh

Two people who have fallen into the Sarchasm
      I just like saying "1 - 6 in the Big Ten, 3 - 7 overall.".
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Exactly. M fucked OSU by losing. Hahahaha

Screw those Bucknuts.

MICH screwed themselves more..... Now they lose in Columbus and can't get into the final four.

Losing to Ohio State they still could have been in the final four as the 4th team IF they were undefeated . Not a chance now.

Comment

• Only if they won the conference.

Michigan still controls its own destiny. OSU? Not so much.

(I think M will lose to OSU, though)
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Only if they won the conference.

Michigan still controls its own destiny. OSU? Not so much.

(I think M will lose to OSU, though)

OSU will be 2nd in the new poll. They will kill Mich St and be favored over Mich at Columbus.

I see a one loss OSU over a two loss Penn St " Big 10 conference championship winner" or a two loss Wisconsin championship winner (especially since OSU won AT Madison).

The best scenario would be for Mich to barely lose to OSU if they DO lose in Columbus. They may get in as the top two loss team.

Comment

• By the way, I HATE the stupid divisions in the big ten. They screwed it up from the outset with the "leaders" and "legends" divisions and now the division of power is crazy in the divisions.

OSU, MICH, Mich St (they will be back) and Penn State (they are back) are all superior and historically superior to Nebraska and Wisconsin.

Comment

• You can try to justify it any way you want, but this is from the Selection Committee Protocol:

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must
                be considered:
                 Championships won
                 Strength of schedule
                 Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
                 Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

OSU is fucked. You were rooting for the wrong team last night.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

You can try to justify it any way you want, but this is from the Selection Committee Protocol:

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must
                  be considered:
                   Championships won
                   Strength of schedule
                   Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
                   Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

OSU is fucked. You were rooting for the wrong team last night.

I was rooting for Mich last night because I knew how Penn St could mess up the system. There is NO WAY a #2 team that wins out will not be in the final four.

Comment

• If they don't play a CCG they are tainted.

How do you think OSU got in the year they won it?

Comment

• Message to Harbaugh:

JUST WIN BABY!
                      Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                        I was rooting for Mich last night because I knew how Penn St could mess up the system. There is NO WAY a #2 team that wins out will not be in the final four.
                        It really depends on who else is available among the conference champions. If the selection committee can find four conference champs with 1-loss... OSU would be on the outside looking in.

Comment

• I did not see an Iowa loss coming for UofM... I guess they showed some weaknesses vs MSU, but I figured that was MSU playing up to a higher level at home vs a rival.

Anyhow, yeah I agree with above - if you're going to lose a game, this was the game to lose. The path still works out for UofM if they beat OSU.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• M sure got bitch slapped in Iowa. Horrible play calling and execution. we had a 10-0 lead and failed to put it out of reach. I don't know what's wrong with this team in the 3rd quarter against good teams but they're horrible. Almost zero life coming out of halftime

If this is a wake up call and helps us beat Ohio right on. If not its going to dampen Jimmy Ballgames recruiting. I still believe.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Nah, your recruiting will be fine regardless, recruits don't changet their mind based on that.

Going into Iowa at night was always going to be tough.

Comment

• They did play poorly but, I am still shaking my head over the two consecutive roughing the kicker calls in the first half that ended up putting Iowa on the board.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X