No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ hideous and ridiculous. I would be mortified if I was a Northwestern fan!
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
      ^ hideous and ridiculous. I would be mortified if I was a Northwestern fan!
      I'd say the same thing about Michigan... and I'm not talking about their uniforms, either.

Although, U-M probably isn't one to talk about hideous alternate uniforms either... just sayin'.

Comment

• dat Michigan offense.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Better this than losing again.

Comment

• Well, we have learned if you spot them the ball on the opponent's 25, it's possible for Michigan and Northwestern to score a TD.

Comment

• Michigan Football@UMGoBlog

Unable to punt in OT, both teams are lost #GoBlue #Team134
              Sometimes, you find some gems.

Comment

• I feel bad for Northwestern. Two crushing losses in a row.
                Forever One!

Comment

• NW having a real tough season of close loses after coming in with the highest expectations in a long time.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Hard to feel bad for 'em when they had multiple chances to put the game away in regulation with one more FG (considering the Wolverines couldn't be counted on to find the endzone being spotted the Northwestern 10), and squandered each and every one.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Hard to feel bad for 'em when they had multiple chances to put the game away in regulation with one more FG (considering the Wolverines couldn't be counted on to find the endzone being spotted the Northwestern 10), and squandered each and every one.
                      They've squandered a lot this season. Played OSU tougher than anyone else has so far, then got steamrolled by wisconsin (only game they were not in it), then caught a resurgent minny team, resurgent Iowa team, and an improving Nebraska team and now a 3 OT loss at home to a michigan team that they actually were favored against (first time ever?).

That said, hopefully their spirit is sufficiently crushed for MSU next week.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• They're going to get crushed. That dink and dunk stuff isn't going to work against an aggressive defense, and NW doesn't have the WRs to go deep.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Well... That was a heck of of special teams play (at least)

Brian Cooks take -

Despite watching this approximately 457 times, I'm still in utter disbelief that this worked. Things required to have this happen:

Jeremy Gallon immediately pitching the ball to an official.

That official rugby-tossing the ball to the umpire.

The umpire placing the ball down and getting the hell out of the way.

FIRE DRILL LINE CHANGE.

Drew Dileo, barely in the frame when the camera zooms out, realizing after a split-second hesitation that he must sprint to the right spot and slide into position.

Jareth Glanda snapping the ball at the last possible moment so the line doesn't draw a flag.

Brendan Gibbons marking off his steps at warp speed, then drilling a 44-yarder despite still moving backwards at the snap (which is legal, as covered in today's mailbag).

Comment

• To me, I see a false start, but noway in the world would they call it. It's still incredible execution and even wilder that it worked.

Comment

• Yea I see it, also whats with the officials hustling so fast at everything for? They are acting like they are running out of time, isn't the ball to be placed the same way every down?

They also forced NW players to run faster to prevent an offside penalty.

Comment

• I don't think the line was set. But it is a great play nonetheless. Brady Hoke > John L Smith in rushed field goals at the end of a half.

Comment

Working...
                                X