Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    The gap is small but clear

All you need to see it is to just imagine UofM playing MSU's 13 game schedule. They would have 4-5 loses IMO.
    Hypothetical fake realities are always great, because you can just project whatever you feel like onto them and then try to claim that is what would have happened. We have no idea what would have happened if the teams had reversed schedules.

What we do know is, both teams were 9-2, undefeated at home, lost a few times on the road (MSU by pretty large margins) and each beat up on teams that the other lost to.

If the gap between MSU and Michigan is "clear" then the game between Nebraska and MSU must be staggering. Or MAYBE looking at any one football game doesn't give you a picture of any team for the entire season.

Comment

• I knew I could count on you Dan-O to be sensical.
      Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
        You don't really believe that crap right? Upsets never happen in your world?

Are you telling me that Appalachian State really WAS a better team than Michigan?

Are you telling me that Toledo really WAS a better team than Michigan?

Or is it possible that the better team went and laid an egg?
        LOL! Yep, MSU beat Michigan because they are clearly better, but Nebraska only destroyed MSU because it was an "upset".

This is almsot as funny as your argument that past seasons somehow effect how good teams are this year.

Keep the laughs coming man. This is high comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          Sparty was better this year by all accounts. The gap isn't that far apart however.
          I don't know how anyone can disagree with this statement either way.

And if you want a more positive angle as a UofM fan, just take note that it took Dantonio years to get the spartans to play at the level it did this year (and still not quite good enough for roses). Hoke has UofM on a much faster path (and yes there are inherent advantages at UofM).
          Last edited by DanO; December 6, 2011, 02:04 PM.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
            Hypothetical fake realities are always great, because you can just project whatever you feel like onto them and then try to claim that is what would have happened. We have no idea what would have happened if the teams had reversed schedules.

What we do know is, both teams were 9-2, undefeated at home, lost a few times on the road (MSU by pretty large margins) and each beat up on teams that the other lost to.

If the gap between MSU and Michigan is "clear" then the game between Nebraska and MSU must be staggering. Or MAYBE looking at any one football game doesn't give you a picture of any team for the entire season.
            actually 10-2.

U-M had the advantage of playing the teams we lost to at home.
            Sparty went on the road and handily beat the team you lost to.
            And just in case you forgot when we played U-M heads up we won ... for the 4th consecutive year I might add.

to me it's clear. crystal clear.
            Forever One!

Comment

Jamie I used the whole season. Not one game. And yes, hypotheticals are all we have because of how college football works. Or else Houston is better than both teams. The gap is close but there is definitely a gap. UofM was not MSUs equal this year. I'm sorry if that bothers you. Your team will likely close that small gap next year.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• And to me it is crystal clear that Nebraska is better than MSU. But you can't admit that, because it was an UPSET. MSU wins are only because they are better. All MSU losses are just UPSETS.

Comment

• Well then you hurt your credibility on anything when you say that.

Comment

• LOL. Yeah I'm the irrational person for suggesting a team that beat MSU 24-3 is better than them.

Keep the comedy coming guys. Remember, every time MSU wins, it is because they are the clearly better team, but every time they lose it is just an accidental upset suffered against a clearly inferior team.

Comment

And to me it is crystal clear that Nebraska is better than MSU. But you can't admit that, because it was an UPSET. MSU wins are only because they are better. All MSU losses are just UPSETS.
                      Actually, for this season you may be correct. State was better or the equal of everybody on their schedule, including Nebraska & Notre Dame. They shouldn't have lost those games.

There are plenty of teams better than State in the NCAA however.

iirc .. State was 4 poing favorite over NU.
                      Forever One!

Comment

And to me it is crystal clear that Nebraska is better than MSU. But you can't admit that, because it was an UPSET. MSU wins are only because they are better. All MSU losses are just UPSETS.
                        and again.

was Appalachian State better than Michigan .... or did they just get upset?
                        Forever One!

Comment

• I don't know. Was Michigan state better than Michigan or did they just get upset?
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                            iirc .. State was 4 poing favorite over NU.
                            Oh so now because the bookies favored MSU by a few points, the fact that Nebraska dominated them is irrelevant? I'm not sure if that is stupider than saying last year's results have something to do with the strength of teams this year or not, but it's damn close.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              I don't know. Was Michigan state better than Michigan or did they just get upset?
                              Get with the program SLF. All MSU wins are due to superiority. All MSU losses are just one-off upsets that mean nothing about team strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                No I don't think you take OSU at OSU. Their home field advantage is nearly as strong as UofM's so it's a bigger impact both ways. And taking MSU at home is 50/50 at best. I'd say you lose at least 1 of those 2. And Iowa is a given loss because it was a loss (both teams played at Iowa).
                                Lol. I love how you have built the win over OSU into something to be proud of. That team was a shambles. Half te team was suspended. They were being investigated. Thier starting qb and coach had left the team in disgrace a month before. But you took their best shot! Lol.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X