No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I do, Posey had 2 steps on Floyd, but the QB has to make that pass in stride. Like I said has to make, didn't do it. I would rather live and die with an aggressive D than lose a game with the prevent.

Most points scored on OSU since 1946

Comment

• 9 out of 10 QB's in college football make that throw ... because those were a big two steps.

Miller wasn't rushed or hurried. He had a wide open WR and missed him. U-M played very well, but needed some luck at the end to win that game.
      Forever One!

Comment

• Ohio State came to play , as they should be. This game (as much as I would like to have seen a blowout) should always be a slug-fest - back and forth till the end. Hoke gets it, Richrod and his "At least were fun to watch" didn't have a clue. Thank God he's gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Yes I do, Posey had 2 steps on Floyd, but the QB has to make that pass in stride. Like I said has to make, didn't do it. I would rather live and die with an aggressive D than lose a game with the prevent.
          hells yeah
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
            9 out of 10 QB's in college football make that throw ... because those were a big two steps.

Miller wasn't rushed or hurried. He had a wide open WR and missed him. U-M played very well, but needed some luck at the end to win that game.
            That is true. The were lucky as hell that they OS didn't complete that play (I think that there was another play where the receiver had the db beat). They were lucky that Miller is just a freshman. I don't think playing that type of D against a good passer would have been a wise move and hope that they wouldn't have played that way if it would have been a better passer taking the snaps.

There were at least a half dozen pass plays during the game that Miller just plane missed that most college QBs would have made.

There were also about a half dozen plays that Miller made with his feet that most college QBs don't make too...

If Miller gets more accurate, he is going to be scary good.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The thing is, it's not a black or white, prevent or all-out deal. There's several schemes that lie in between the extremes.

A prevent in that situation would have been ill-advised; there was plenty of time, and in college the clock stops momentarily on every first down. OSU could have very easily dinked and dunked to a TD.

But the aggressive style could have just as easily backfired, as noted.

A base Cover 2 that kept the safeties deep yet kept enough people forward to keep the short routes from easily going out of bounds would have probably been the best bet.

Had it been a two score game (like it should have been) then I would have said prevent defense the shit out of that game.

Comment

• Almost every game it seems Mattison makes halftime adjustments that works for his defense, only 10 points after halftime

Comment

• ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- No Ohio State player had felt this way in eight years.

But when Michigan finally outlasted Ohio State 40-34 today in the third-highest-scoring contest in the 108-year history of The Game, the Buckeyes’ pain was almost overwhelming.

By Bill Rabinowitz
                  THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Comment

• That's how things can turn out when you are forced to have to play within the rules for a year.

Comment

• I believe that there were 3 throws that the o state qb missed, the reciever did a double move and was wide open each time only to be over thrown..
                      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Unfortunately for Miller, Posey will be in the NFL next year.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Miller did indeed miss atleast 3 medium to long passes because he overthrew them. Next year, I don't think he misses those throws.

The game was closer than I expected, but like one article I read, Miller gained a ton of experience during the year. Posey and Herron were back allthough Hrron wasn't much of a factor.

Our DB's haven't played well in a few years. The Dline protected them. With another year of coaching the talent he has, Hoke and Mattison will have a much much stronger team next year.

Hoke just went 10-2 with RR's players. It wasn't the talent, that was for sure.

Really looking forward to the next few years.
                          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                            Miller did indeed miss atleast 3 medium to long passes because he overthrew them. Next year, I don't think he misses those throws.

The game was closer than I expected, but like one article I read, Miller gained a ton of experience during the year. Posey and Herron were back allthough Hrron wasn't much of a factor.

Our DB's haven't played well in a few years. The Dline protected them. With another year of coaching the talent he has, Hoke and Mattison will have a much much stronger team next year.

Hoke just went 10-2 with RR's players. It wasn't the talent, that was for sure.

Really looking forward to the next few years.
                            The schedule this year was reasonably friendly too. It certainly helps (it helped MSU last year for sure). No Wisky or PSU and OSU had it's worst year in a long long time and a home heavy schedule overall.
                            Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; November 27, 2011, 12:07 PM.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• As someone else pointed out. Bama(nuetral site), ND, Huskers and OSU on the road next year. 2-2 with those 4 will be something.
                              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                                As someone else pointed out. Bama(nuetral site), ND, Huskers and OSU on the road next year. 2-2 with those 4 will be something.
                                Yeah that will be tougher for sure. But UofM should be better too. Another 10 win season would be nice. Although if I was a UofM fan I'd take 9 and be happy since you got Bama in there and that's a really hard game to imagine winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X