U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    How about the theory goes that Carr wanted the next guy to fail so people would miss him?

Sounds good. Set it in stone. It's fact now.
    Carr wanted the next guy to fail the instant that next guy wasn't Ron English. It didn't matter who it was. Carr reached out to RichRod pretty much out of desperation; a big name coach that could distract Martin away from Les Miles.

Carr's nightmare was Les Miles taking over, beating Ohio State, and then winning a BCS game (or even the national title). Ron English was supposed to be the continuation of his legacy, and it was largely rejected by everyone (even the people who hated Miles). At that point, Lloyd was all about making sure the guy replacing him had as little of a chance to succeed as possible. He would sooner have the program fall apart than his legacy be even the slightest bit diminished.

As much as whodean hates it; that's pretty much Lloyd Carr in a nutshell. The guy is a self-absorbed cockbite who only cares about himself and his legacy.
    Last edited by chemiclord; October 25, 2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• I take no responsibility for releasing the chemikraken.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Lloyd Carr is the reason I strayed away from Michigan football, I feel the same way as chemiclord.

Comment

• From mgoblog:

"Ace reported that Bacon had been consigned to the spot in the press box where disliked media members reside. Bacon also said that Carr and Brandon are both letting it be known through back channels that they have contempt for both the book and him."

Stay classy, Ann Arbor.

Comment

• They have also now switched to ham and/or sausages.

Comment

• I heard they have banned pork altogether...I mean how can you do hat to the other white meat! How arrogant!
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Hey... maybe if Carr had responded to any one of the eleven attempts by Bacon to reach him, that he could have had a chance to add his reasons to the story, rather than come off as the asshat he really is. I guess I can add petty and childish to the list.

I'm sorry the truth hurts.
                Last edited by chemiclord; October 25, 2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Maybe the Bacon was a little too "crispy" for his liking.
                  GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• As a grade schooler my old grade school friends and I used to prank call a guy we found in the phone book named Frank Bacon. He wasn't a good sport about it at all.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Hey, hey! What's this I see? I thought this was a party. LET'S DANCE!

Kevin Bacon.. Ren... Footloose
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Nice bounce-back win by the boys.

Cap it off with a Mitch McGary hoops commitment this week and I may be able to forget the nightmare of 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• I agree with Chemi that Carr probably called Rich Rodriguez out of fear that MSC and BM were going to hire Les Miles, who Carr hates. MSC and BM were talking to Miles, who said he would not turn down Michigan. Suddenly, Carr calls RR to tell him Michigan is interested. Six days later, RR is the new coach. Exactly why Carr turns on Rich Rod is less transparent.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            I agree with Chemi that Carr probably called Rich Rodriguez out of fear that MSC and BM were going to hire Les Miles, who Carr hates. MSC and BM were talking to Miles, who said he would not turn down Michigan. Suddenly, Carr calls RR to tell him Michigan is interested. Six days later, RR is the new coach. Exactly why Carr turns on Rich Rod is less transparent.
                            For what it's worth, I don't think he turns on RichRod right away. You could definitely argue that him agreeing to sign the transfer papers for his old players was watching out for their best interests.

It could even be a sign of considerable caring for his players that he helps Boren transfer to OSU; putting what was best for his players ahead of petty rivalries.

It was pretty bad form to not give Rodriguez the opportunity to talk them into staying before making his offer, though, but that's not inherently a sign of Carr sabotaging anything. One thing I will always give Carr credit for was that he gave 110% to the players under his tutelage... he would do anything for his players and really didn't give a shit how it made him look in the eyes of observers.

If I had to make a guess, Lloyd (and most of his camp) turned at that first press conference where Rodriguez played down the rivalry games and implied they weren't any more important than the other games on the schedule. Tradition is a big deal in The Fort... that was likely when it all went downhill. Rodriguez really did not have a good grasp on the traditions and history of U-M, and it showed.

Comment

• Along with the Best Fight Song Ever, I present the Best Helmet Ever

Comment

• Good win today Blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X