No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course Spittoon fans and alums aren't going like it, they grew up hearing it play during repeated repressed childhood nightmares.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I honestly don't get into the nasty side of rivalries. I leave that to OSU tards and SEC types and all things Boston (to be fair all sports teams have their tards... except cubs fans.. but they are not really fans at all). I do enjoy razzing people that you know can take it though and I do relish victories over UofM and ND.
      Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; October 4, 2011, 05:39 PM.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Bleacher Report.com
        Top 30 Fight songs-

No. 1 Michigan

OK, I know what you’re gonna say. I made it through this whole list to get to Michigan? The obvious choice?! I’m so sorry to disappoint, but when it comes to fight songs, “The Victors” is “Stairway to Heaven,” “Billie Jean,” and “Hound Dog” all rolled into one.

I know the lyrics are a little cocky and pretentious, but isn’t that the point of fight songs? A mission statement of how much better my school is than yours set to music?
        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          The song has -----"non dancing rhythm"---but it has rhythm.

GO LIONS "11" !
          I'm sure you've danced to it.

Comment

• I do the helicopter dance to the victors
            "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
              Of course Spittoon fans and alums aren't going like it, they grew up hearing it play during repeated repressed childhood nightmares.

Hey, I said I hated Michigan long before I went to State. Its really because of fans like you. I couldn't stand the whining. The whining was ever present, even more than that weak fight song. There were always making excuses.

Sure you can hang on to beating State. But you surely can't hang on to all of those Rose Bowl wins, How many Rose Bowls did Bo win? The SC fight song must bring out your nightmares.

Comment

• Deflection.

I do have to say the Spartans under Dantonio look much better, 'course RichRod helped their cause nearly as much.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Froot you spartys know all about playing in the rose bowl huh?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Deflection.

I do have to say the Spartans under Dantonio look much better, 'course RichRod helped their cause nearly as much.
                    And both teams are cashing in on OSU's train-wreck.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Hey, I said I hated Michigan long before I went to State. Its really because of fans like you. I couldn't stand the whining. The whining was ever present, even more than that weak fight song. There were always making excuses.

Sure you can hang on to beating State. But you surely can't hang on to all of those Rose Bowl wins, How many Rose Bowls did Bo win? The SC fight song must bring out your nightmares.
                      Carr was so smug sounding and always righteous. The funny part now is that Dantonio is Carr like in many ways and UofM fans have the same quiet dislike for him as State fans had for Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Froot you spartys know all about playing in the rose bowl huh?

When we go we know what to do, but we don't go often.

Comment

Deflection.

Its nothing about deflection, I've just never liked Michigan. And really since I've followed State, Michigan has an edge in head competition but not by that much. State is like 8-12 in the last 20 of them. When Michigan State has had a good team they've Michigan. All of Michigan wins have came against bad State teams and we've had a ton of bad teams.

But I tried to warn you folks about Rich Rod, but you would have none of it. He was bringing his system and Josh Groban songs.

Comment

• I have made a few changes in my life as a football fan, mostly by location. Seems to have come full circle now. Since I have been back (2003) Michigan and the Lions, with MSU second. I have family attending MSU (my only Nice and Nephew) and my brother in law (married to my only sister) is also an MSU grad .

I like Jim Schwartz and watch the Lions every Sunday. Its nice to see them doing well, im not going to pound my chest or anything, but wish the Lions well and hope they win the SB before I die. I did grow up here.

But everyone knows college football is my sport, and will watch almost every game I possibly can.

Comment

• "I'm sure you've danced to it."
                              --------------------------LOL. Once or twice.

GO LIONS "11" !
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• From Twitland....

umhoops Dylan Burkhardt

Duke perspective. RT @BlueDevilNation I can now say that Michigan is the favorite to land Mitch McGary. Not looking good on this one.

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Comment

Working...
                                X