No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forget if this happened, but isn't the Big House getting a new scoreboard/ huge TV?

... This is interesting
    Dave Brandon envisions Michigan Stadium growing to 119,000
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I've heard rumors about them adding an upper deck or extending the rows further back in the endzones for a couple of years now. They are putting in new scoreboards this summer so I'd guess that the seats would end on each side of the scoreboard, if they are ever put in. At some point, you have to wonder if the Big House will ever get too big but if Michigan returns to the power it has been, I think selling 120,000 seats would be a pretty easy thing to do.

Comment

• As it is, the seats at the rear of the bowl are damn near impossible to see the play on the field without binoculars. Where the hell are they gonna put roughly 10,000 more if they continue to resist making an upper deck?

Comment

• Squeeze them tighter. 10 inch seats

Comment

• I haven't sat in the end zone since 2001 but it seemed fine then. I guess I wasn't in the last 20 rows, though. If they did go with an upper deck, it at least might not be that much worse. It would probably be better for acoustics too.

Comment

• Call former Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards what you will, but make sure you call him extremely charitable and a man of his word, too.
              CBSSports.com reports that Edwards, who was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in 2005, followed through with a promise he made four years ago through his foundation.
              In 2007, he promised 100 Cleveland students he'd pay for their college tuition -- a value of $1 million -- if they performed 15 hours of community service a year and kept a grade-point average of at least 2.5.
              Well, they did. So he did. Here's what Edwards tweeted: As the 2nd most hated man in Clev & a man of my word, today I will honor a promise made to 100 students in Cleveland years ago ... The last of my Advance 100 students will graduate from my program and head off to college on scholarships that I will provide them with. Guys enjoy and embrace your new beginnings and remember your promise to me, to reach back & help someone else along the way."
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thats pretty fucking cool
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Indeed!

Comment

• Good deal.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah that's awesome.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• A pretty solid day yesterday for recruiting by Coach Beilein & staff:

Yesterday was a busy day with phone calls, offers and a pair of commitments so we have a couple of videos to add to the fray that are either new or may have been overlooked yesterday. First, Some additional footage of big man Mark Donnal courtesy of our friends at Indiana Prep Spotlight: After the […]

Comment

• June 19, 2011

Tate Forcier’s girlfriend, Elizabeth Wertenberger has been crowned Miss Michigan.

Comment

• I'm sure the future Mr. Wertenberger is pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              I'm sure the future Mr. Wertenberger is pleased.
                              http://www.freep.com/article/2011061...-Miss-Michigan

Comment

• Wow. Just awful news here. Austin Hatch's family is once again involved in a plane crash. This time, his father and step-mother were killed and he is in critical condition. My heart goes out to him. No kid should have to deal with such tragedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X