U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    The very minor penalties do not match the hyped up allegations and hysteria that were perpetuated by so-called friends and enemies. What was found amounted to little, thus the slap on the wrist. If the NCAA had found anything truly criminal they would have taken away scholarships. Much ado about nothing. I don't want the Freep to look the other way, but I don't want them to distort the truth either. Rodriguez was not found guilty of the most grievous charge. That's what his detractors can't handle. Personally, I think he should be shown the door at the end of the season. But not for a few extra hours of practice/stretching.
    The hysteria wasn't necessarily the articles fault. That has a lot to do with Michigans "standards" and the fact RR wasn't winning on the feild and had his already well stocked group of naysayers ready to go.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Rosenberg wanted to get vengeance on RichRod for taking Carr's job; and he was going to twist any fact he could to do so.
      is this sarcasm? if so... bravo.

Rosenberg wanted to "break" a big story and get some recognition. I doubt he gives a shit about carrs job.

And... what percentage of Michigan fans think RR is a bad fit? Seems like more of you guys should be cheering Rosenberg on.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        is this sarcasm? if so... bravo.

Rosenberg wanted to "break" a big story and get some recognition. I doubt he gives a shit about carrs job.

And... what percentage of Michigan fans think RR is a bad fit? Seems like more of you guys should be cheering Rosenberg on.
        Rosenberg has a VERY close relationship to Carr. He's referred to Carr as "like a father" to him on more than one occasion at media events. It's why when you heard feedback from other media outlets (like Terry Foster did on ESPN) that Rosenberg was "far too close to this situation" to be reporting on it.

Rosenberg wanted revenge, because he felt (and maybe even still feels) that Carr was pressured out before Lloyd wanted to go. Rosenberg had made up his mind to hate whoever the replacement was, it simply happened to be Rodriguez. He would have chomping at the bit to tear apart ANYONE who would have been the Wolverine's replacement, Miles, Harbaugh, Kelly... it wouldn't have mattered.

How many people think RR is a bad fit is irrelevant to this... Rosenberg intentionally blew up a story far beyond what it really was in the hopes of exacting his pound of flesh from the guy who "forced out" Carr.

Comment

• Why is Carr like a father to him? I don't get it.

Comment

• I don't see any reason to believe Rosenberg had any motive other than, hey, I've uncovered a major college football program doing wrong, and it'll help my rep. Surely that outweighed the reaction of Michigan fans, who have crucified him over it.
            I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• I'm not sure of exactly how that relationship came to be either. I wasn't in that loop until long after it started (I didn't start doing my internships until 2002). If I had to guess, Rosenberg was probably one of the few columnists Carr treated like a human being, and it kinda built from there.

Comment

• In a nutshell, the NCAA spent 15 months processing Michigan case that basically boiled down to too much time spent stretching. Brandon reminded everyone Thursday that Rosenturd can now wipe the egg off his face, he politely noted these "major violations" were much ado about something less than was advertised initially. - Nice swipe at the Freep!

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                  I am a bigger UM fan than you are, Rocky. I went there and went to games while there. I bleed maize and blue, and my blood is all over the carpet for this. Rich Rodriguez needs to pay for dragging our asses through the mud. Back to the Appalachians with him.
                  What a load of crap. How do you measure that? Because you're so wounded that Michigan went over their practice limits you're the ultimate fan? If you're such a fan, you wouldn't be so disappointed that Michigan didn't get hit with anything severe for such piddly shit. You're like the Biblical hypocrites who like to pray on the streetcorners so people can see how righteous they are. Give it a break. The NCAA penalized Michigan appropriately for minor violations. Apparently, they aren't as sanctimonious as you are.
                  Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 4, 2010, 05:38 PM.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't know what relationship Rosenberg has with Carr. I don't know what his motive was. It matters not to me that he attended Michigan - although that apparently should make him a super fan. All I know is that he got the story wrong. The proof is in the penalties or lack thereof. Saying "Hey I just reported what I was told" is no defense. His editor should not have allowed the story to be printed as it was. Now the Freep has egg on their collective faces. Of course they'll steadfastly deny it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                      This is freaking awful, SLF. You can argue the relative minor status of the offense all you want. As far as I'm concerned, this is an NCAA felony.
                      Yep, right up there with playing players, fixing grades, and betting on your own team to lose.

Comment

• I sense an overinflated sense of self-righteous indignation here....

U-M got caught for the equivalent of speeding. You want to equate that with the manslaughter the other colleges mentioned got caught for you just keep on keepin' on with your bad self GJ.
                        Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Dodger was counting on this being the death-knell for the Rodriguez era.

He's understandably disappointed.

Comment

• I'd like nothing better than to see the guy fired myself but this ain't the "culminating incident".

The record at the end of the season might do it.
                            Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                              I'd like nothing better than to see the guy fired myself but this ain't the "culminating incident".

The record at the end of the season might do it.
                              And that's pretty much how he should be judged, because Rodriguez hasn't sullied the Michigan brand any more than it has already sullied itself. No matter how it likes to pretend, it's no better than any other major college athletic program.

Comment

• Angry Michigan fans locally are having a hard time separating this with RichRods W-Ls. They wanted him to be guilty - hence fired and no buy out.

Comment

Working...
                                X