U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    High level recruits fail at all schools, but it's been pretty alarming how awful the top UM defensive recruits have been.

There was a good article on MGoBlog about attrition to top schools recruits, and we actually had it worse than ALABAMA, whose strategy is to bring in tons and tons of kids and then cut a bunch.

And sure, some if it's on the coaches, but RR didn't know cissoko was gonna do all his stuff, or that campbell would end up such a dissapointment. (apparently we're trying him on OL now) You can't just make everyone into an all conference guy. It's not madden.

And It's not the same when guys just leave. If we're going there I could put donovan warren in the mix. But he got talked into coming out for the draft because of the "lockout". I would kill to have donovan warren on this team.

Take 4 of your current safeties and now they're gone from the season. I just don't think it's reasonable to have solid players 5 slots down the depth chart, and we don't. We have guys like the QB avery and WR cam gordon, who may be worse than stevie brown.
    Last edited by LionsWolverines; October 26, 2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
      Vlad left in search of playing time. That he couldn't break into the sarting lineup on such a crappy defense is puzzling. The little I saw of him suggested that he never fully recovered from knee surgery. He was pretty slow. Why JT Turner left is really unknown, but, again, he should have been starting given his talent level and the condition of the defense.
      But its always something with these players. The larger point is that you have to keep these guys even if they haven't panned out as you would have expected, you need depth.

Under most circumstances you should expect a coach in his third season to have the depth problems under control and thats if you had taken over a awful situation. Clearly Michigan wasn't an awful situation, far from it, it was about an ideal situation as a college coach could wish for. Maybe only a situation like Les Miles inherited was better, yet when you listen to Rodriguez talk about youth and injuries, one might surmise that he took over a moribund program

Comment

• I couldn't agree more froot. If the recruits aren't developing or are leaving the program why would the coach get a free pass for that?

More importantly how do the defensive coaches get a free pass on personnel decisions when they decided to start ezeh over demens for so goddamn long.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There was a good article on MGoBlog about attrition to top schools recruits, and we actually had it worse than ALABAMA, whose strategy is to bring in tons and tons of kids and then cut a bunch.
          Brain was once a very good blogger at MGoBlog. Now that he's official part of the media press he is nothing but a DickRod apologist.

Comment

• QB Rob Bolden unlikely to play against Michigan, Penn State's 83-year-old coach says his 18-year-old quarterback has memory problems.

Comment

• uhhhhh.. this couldnt have come at a worse possible time.. I'm rooting for any and everyone playing U of M now.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Bolden is a true freshman .... UM chances of the game go down without him at this time.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                  UM chances of the game go down without him at this time.
                  wrote like a true spartan fan... it reads like mudd
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• No he's right, Bolden has been awful. He's below a replacement level player at this moment.

Comment

• I think he was commenting on the level of prose.

But to say they have better odds with a walk-on is just silly IMO. Sheridan was way worse than Bolden ever was.

Comment

• Don't worry, the great G Robinson is just looking to make a star out of whoever starts at QB for PSU.

Comment

• I really don't know what to think of the Bolden injury. Maybe good, maybe bad. But I'm leaning towards good.

Bolden's going to be a good player, despite the rough start.

And what better medication for a struggling quarterback than a Rich Rodridguez Michigan D?!?! True freshman or not, I think I'd rather have the guy(s) who haven't seen any action this season.
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Just think if Kevin Newsome starts and beats Michigan.

Comment

• Bolden has played like a walk-on. He's been bad. He was given the job as a basis for his recruitment.

Comment

• I don't know where you got that Froot, but let's hope you are wrong about McGloin being the next tom brady

Comment

Working...
                                X