U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Michigan State hasn't won in Ann Arbor in 18 years.
    In all that time - Michigan State has never had a weaker squad to go up against than the one they will face this year - thats for damn sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy View Post
      They might be talented pinball players too which has about as much to do with the power running game skillset they possess. Both are irrelevant to what the current coach's system is. Running the spread offense requires different linemen than the power running game. You need a faster, more mobile guy as opposed to the road graders currently on the roster. Denver's line is an example of the type of player that's needed now.

I think you'll find out how "untalented" these players are as the year goes on. We'll probably get 6 wins and to me that's not exactly dripping with talent.
      Guess I'll take your word for it Timmy. Just found it surprising to hear that the new coach's system is so different that it couldn't be tweaked for the current roster.

I took a peek at WVU's offensive line as compared to UofM's, and was surprised to see the faster more mobile guys out weighed the road graders (Does UofM O-line really have a freshmen that is under 250lbs?).
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        That's because they suck, and the entire program sucks.
        I guess you're trying to get a rise out of me.

Suck may be too strong of a work if you're talking the entire 18 years, they had a few good teams. But you won't get that much of an argument from me, the program has disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I'm supposed to admit I'm wrong to something I didn't say Strawman?
          I didn't mean that you said 10 wins was in the bag (guaranteed), but that you said they should win 10 games. My point is they look really bad, and I can't see any way they win 8 to 10 games. They look even worse than I expected, which is saying something. If you've seen them play, you know how ugly it's been. So I'm asking why you think they're so bad if not for a lack of talent and experience and the transition.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• After finishing watching the Miami(Ohio) game I'm much more confident about the season. When UMich looked like they were actually running the Offense, it moved. I think by the end of the season, they might be a decent offense.

Stevie Brown is horrific though.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He looks lost. Recievers have been wide open in both games, and the linebackers have been slow to react too. I'm mostly concerned about the offensive line, which is thin and getting thinner. The defense will be on the field far too much this year.

Comment

• I have no idea why they look that bad other than early season growing pains. But this isn't the first time that team has had some less than impressive offensive games against a MAC school.

Comment

• I think Saturday will be quite informative.

Comment

• Personally I think Rodriguez put too many eggs in the Pryor basket. Maybe Mallet wasn't going to come back and maybe that is a good thing in the long run, but its hurting them this year. Sheridan shouldn't have been starting at the beginning.

Comment

• I can't believe how little Brandon Minor has been involved. He's the best back they have.

Comment

• I'd imagine a fumble in six touches has something to do with it.

I do think I agree. I like McGuffie, but he goes down much too easy for me. He doesn't seem to be able to "swerve" and make the guy miss enough to break the tackle, or at least get another two yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          I can't believe how little Brandon Minor has been involved. He's the best back they have.
                          Minor has been running with a lot of enthusiasm and doesn't go down as easily as McGuffie or Shaw. I don't care if he doesn't fit the offense; he's been the most effective back. He needs to play, especially since the o-line hasn't demonstrated the ability to consistently block anyone so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
                            Guess I'll take your word for it Timmy. Just found it surprising to hear that the new coach's system is so different that it couldn't be tweaked for the current roster.

I took a peek at WVU's offensive line as compared to UofM's, and was surprised to see the faster more mobile guys out weighed the road graders (Does UofM O-line really have a freshmen that is under 250lbs?).
                            Just my opinion John and I definitely could be wrong. Even big guys can have speed but none of our OL seem to have any. Not sure who started on WVU's line so I don't know how the size issue compares. Again I'm just stating what my opinion is here and I'm not Gonz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              Minor has been running with a lot of enthusiasm and doesn't go down as easily as McGuffie or Shaw. I don't care if he doesn't fit the offense; he's been the most effective back. He needs to play, especially since the o-line hasn't demonstrated the ability to consistently block anyone so far.
                              He's gotten a couple of good runs (in fact, he's been a very bright spot in the crappy O). BUT he's fumbled already once in 6 carries. He's got fumbilitis, and that makes him ineffective.

Comment

• Fat Boy thinks Carlos Brown will get a few snaps at QB now that he is healthy, I think it would be a good idea for RR to use him more too.

Comment

Working...
                                X