No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only watched American Idol for a handful of weeks and only the performance shows and only half-heartedly but everyone kept raving about Adam so I had to see for myself and I always watch his performance. Last night I watched all the performances. I just don't see why everyone thinks Adam should be a lock to win. I love watching him because he is quite a performer and has an awesome voice. But the high pitched signature thing he does in every song has gotten old to me.
    "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I think he sounds like a woman screaming...I *never* got it. And I also think he's really fake. During rock week, he had that Elvis snarl going on and it just seemed like an act. In fact, it really does seem like he's doing theater. Kris is really my favorite. He's very talented and seems so genuine.

BTW, they all think Adam's a lock to win because the judges have pretty much declared that he will win. Simon openly campaigned for the guy last night, "Remember you must call for him!" The judges aren't supposed to do that.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I know. That is so messed up. After last night I thought he clearly was the worst of the three. Like you said, it's musical theater. I don't see him as a commercially viable American Idol. I just don't get it.

Comment

• I thought the LOST finale was awesome! I love this show. I really get into it and I know some people said they lost interest at some point but I never have. Next season is going to be weird.

I like Fringe. I have the finale on my DVR but I still have to watch it.

Smallville is also one of my favorites although I'm really behind on the episodes.

I agree about Heroes. The first season was awesome and really interesting and since then it's been downhill. The start of this season gave me some hope but it just started to crap out as well.

I really like Terminator and The Dollhouse. It's a shame that both of those series will end up getting cancelled.

I'm glad Prison Break is finally ending. They probably should have ended that after the 2nd season.

Comment

• I know. That is so messed up. After last night I thought he clearly was the worst of the three. Like you said, it's musical theater. I don't see him as a commercially viable American Idol. I just don't get it.

I think Adam will be the opposite of David Cook. Cook will and is doing very well as a studio singer. People I know who saw him in concert said he was extemely boring and they were seriously looking to get their money back. Adam will be all about the live show. He has a great vocal range and a powerful voice, but as Deb said, his 'woman scream' is getting to be too much.

My wife can't believe I'd been right about Chris all along. I've felt he could suprise and win it all. I think he also picks up the fans of the eliminated contestants each week, as the anti Adam / Danny vote.
            Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              I thought the LOST finale was awesome! I love this show. I really get into it and I know some people said they lost interest at some point but I never have. Next season is going to be weird.

I like Fringe. I have the finale on my DVR but I still have to watch it.

Smallville is also one of my favorites although I'm really behind on the episodes.

I agree about Heroes. The first season was awesome and really interesting and since then it's been downhill. The start of this season gave me some hope but it just started to crap out as well.

I really like Terminator and The Dollhouse. It's a shame that both of those series will end up getting cancelled.

I'm glad Prison Break is finally ending. They probably should have ended that after the 2nd season.

I love Fringe, it's probably my favorite show on tv right now. I watched the Finale yesterday and thought it was pretty damn good.

I used to watch Smallville then like you i fell behind and never really caught up so I quit watching. Speaking of the CW does anyone watch Reaper? that also has to be one of my favorite shows currently on TV.

I agree with Heroes and it started this season decently and even thought it ended decently but still nothing compared to the first season, I have read that NBC has already gave it the go ahead for another season though so we will see how that goes.

I never watched Dollhouse but I love Terminator and have a feeling that it will be canceled but if the new movie does real well they may give it one more season and see how it does ( I hope so at least)

Comment

• I just read that The Dollhouse will be renewed.

I hope you're right about Terminator.

Comment

• The season finale of LOST was great. The final season next year should be even better and I am looking forward to it.

I have wanted to get into watching Fringe. Did it just complete the second season? Is it out on DVD for me to catch up on it?
                  All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• First season SnowMeiser...I am no where near caught up and even though not every eposide has a continued storyline, I skipped the finale even though Leonard Nimoy was i it.

I try to catch up after kids go to bed and find myself falling asleep...still wiped from the move..
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      I just read that The Dollhouse will be renewed.

I hope you're right about Terminator.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: FOX Series cancelled, No Season Three

To no surprise, FOX has cancelled its sci-fi series after two seasons. With a new Terminator movie about to be released, one would think the show?s future would be secure. What?s the deal?
                      Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles debuted in January of 2008 to a whopping 18.3 million viewers and a 7.6 rating/18 share in the 18-49 demographic. Unfortunately, much of the strength of that debut could be credited to having an NFL playoff game as a lead-in. The next night, only 10.07 million returned to see episode two and the ratings for subsequent installments declined from there. Despite falling to a low of 7.12 million and a 2.7 rating, FOX opted to order a second season.
                      The sophomore year of the series got off to a slow start in September of 2008. The season two premiere attracted just 6.33 million viewers and a 2.4/7 rating/share in the demo. On Monday nights, airing opposite Chuck, the viewership declined even further.
                      FOX ordered a full season but in 2009 shifted the series to Friday nights, paired with compatible Dollhouse. It was hoped that, together, they would draw a substantial audience. It didn?t happen and Sarah Connor was commonly seen as a poor lead-in for the new Joss Whedon series. Sarah Connor?s Friday night numbers hit a low of 2.9 million viewers and a 1.0/4 in the 18-49 demographic.
                      Though the show?s core fans have been very supportive of the series, the efforts ultimately weren?t enough to save it. At today?s upfronts, FOX president Kevin Reilly confirmed that there wouldn?t be a third season of Sarah Connor. The studio had apparently been trying to shop the series to other outlets but those efforts were fruitless.
                      Will we ever get answers to the series? open-ended questions? Doubtful. Though the Terminator saga will continue for a long time to come, it looks like this chapter is closed.

Oh well, i have seen so many good shows that I have been into canceled lately that I have just got used to it. I really think the way shows gets rated needs to be revamped though with DVR and online streaming.

Comment

• I saw that there's going to be a remake of the "V" series starring Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) of LOST. I also heard that Morena Baccarin from Firefly will be in it. I'm eager to watch this.

Comment

• Wow! Quite the line up of artists on American Idol. I love being surprised like that.

Comment

• You know what I liked about Kris winning? It proved no matter how hard the judges and the show's producers tried to make Adam win, it didn't work. At the last second I wanted Adam to win (even though I actually voted last night for Kris) just because I like him so much and he's a great performer. But I do think Kris deserved to win and will make a great CD.

Comment

• I think that might be why Kris won: Because the judges had already annointed Adam the winner. It gave a lot of folks the motivation to vote. I tried for an hour to vote myself, but couldn't get through.

Kris is more what I'd like to think the show is about: Finding undiscovered talent. Adam has been performing since he was a kid, has been working in show business, and so on. I don't think he really was undiscovered.

I thought the finale was pretty awesome. Some great surprises. I loved seeing Adam perform with KISS! He's got the voice to hang with the big boys like that for sure.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• BTW, I thought Bikini Girl's return was kind of cool. Mean in a way, but she is not a very nice person herself. Kara rocked it.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X