No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHO, what kind of eating plan was she on?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• She used the Weight Watchers calculations as a guide to figure out points for food and how much to target for a day. Some foods are designated as zero points, which means you can eat as much of that as you want, and lucky for her, they were foods she loves to eat. (Salads)

There are a lot of premade dinners, (Lean Cusine, Healthy Choice, Progesso soups, etc) that show the points on the labels and that helped in planning out meals for the week.

It all basiclly helped make her aware of what she was eating and how to track it. She was suprised to find out just how much snacking she did all day long, and cutting that out was the hardest part next to getting started on an excercising program.

She did a Charlie Batch about ten years ago. Slipped, tripped and shattered her knee cap, plus 30 years of smoking lead to COPD. So getting her to start a walking program and convincing her she could do it was a challenge, and that's where the show 'The Biggest Loser' helped out. She saw and heard every excuse she had had addressed and played out on TV, and she finally figured if they could do it, she could.
      Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• I'm glad it's working for her SHO. My wife, who is not overweight (in case she lurks here to check up on me ;)) uses WW when she feels the need to drop a few lbs. It works great for her.

I have found the the best way for me to drop some gross tonnage is to go a low carb route ala South Beach. My wife can't do the LC thing though...
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• South Beach works for me too CGVT. By the way did you get the turntable? If so, how do you like it?

Comment

• I bought this, Bim, but I been so busy that I have only had one time to mess with it and I couldn't get the sound to come through my computer. I think it may be a Vista problem. When I get a chance I'm going to hook it up to my old PC with ?? ( I cant remember the system befor Vista) and see if I can get it to work...

Comment

• Looks like a nice one CG. I'd like to hear how it works out for you. XP is the system before Visa, btw.

Comment

• Oh yeah, XP.

Comment

• Lost starts up again tonight!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I watched the recap episode. But since the premiere episode was 2 hours long, I didn't feel like I'd be able to watch it all before I had to go to bed tonight. But it is DVR'd and I should be able to watch it tomorrow.

Comment

• That's exactly what I did, Tom. I watched the episode last night.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I saw it. It seems very weird. So much went on that I almost want to watch it again.

Comment

• I watched the first three episodes of Lost this season and am glad I never quit watching it. It has grabbed my interest again and makes me look forward to the next episode.
                          All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I still get totally engrossed in it. Although, the whole time shift thing is a bit of a mind bender.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              I still get totally engrossed in it. Although, the whole time shift thing is a bit of a mind bender.
                              Maybe for the weak minded people that watch it like you ;)

Just kidding. I think it is quite a bit of a mind bender myself and trying to remember what has happened or what is going to happen and the players involved.

So did you think that Locke was lying to that guy saying Jacob sent him and that it was his people? I don't remember hearing anything about that.
                              All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I haven't seen last night's episode yet but I really liked the first two.

Didn't we speculate about time travel at the beginning of the series?
                                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Working...
                                X