TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

One house that we lived in when I was a kid had green shag carpeting and orange trim.
    OMG YESSSSS - quintessential 70's interior design! We had the green shag carpeting, too, and the upholstery on the furniture was orange with a floral pattern that looked like it belonged in a VW microbus.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Was the shag carpet orange?
      No, orange was the accent color, though - it was always autumn at our house!
      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• hahaha - turns out I have a (low def) photo of the orange chairs - they outlived the green carpet, which is why I still have such vivid memories of them. That's my uncle in the chair, my brother & cousin on the floor. I would bet money that this was Thanksgiving and they were watching the Lions game; my parents didn't have houseguests very often, and those relatives lived several hours away from us.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I'll have to take some pictures from our cottage. It not only has a green upholstered chair that could only be from the seventies, it also has shag artwork hanging from the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
            hahaha - turns out I have a (low def) photo of the orange chairs - they outlived the green carpet, which is why I still have such vivid memories of them. That's my uncle in the chair, my brother & cousin on the floor. I would bet money that this was Thanksgiving and they were watching the Lions game; my parents didn't have houseguests very often, and those relatives lived several hours away from us.
            The uncles troosers are absolute beauties eh??
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• indeed they are, Marko

Comment

• also, I just noticed the orange ashtray on the table; it really ties the room together nicely!

Comment

• I started taking the wallpaper down in my kitchen last night. My mother in law re-papered it around 1990. I found this under a phone connection. It was probably the original paper from 1965.
                  Can you imagine looking at this for 25 years? Ha!
                  thumbnail_IMG_5484.jpg
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hey! Has anyone watched the 3rd season of The Bear? I have to gear myself up for it and haven't been ready to commit to it yet.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

also, I just noticed the orange ashtray on the table; it really ties the room together nicely!
                      Sorry if misinterpreting the humour here…….. but did you say that in a “dude” voice? The same way “that rug” tied the room together?

Also……. The dude on the floor on the right……. Did he go on to play drums in The Police?!
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

I started taking the wallpaper down in my kitchen last night. My mother in law re-papered it around 1990. I found this under a phone connection. It was probably the original paper from 1965.
                        Can you imagine looking at this for 25 years? Ha!
                        thumbnail_IMG_5484.jpg
                        I promise you i am NOT being a cheeky bstd here……. But CGVT……. I do believe youve been slacking, dude!! Those fingernails are WAY too clean!

ok, back to tv thread chat, sorry!

Comment

No, orange was the accent color, though - it was always autumn at our house!
                          Funny story about the shag carpet. When it was to be installed we had to pull up this big area rug (well my dad and oldest brother as I was a wee lad) to get ready for the carpet install the next day. We had a new dog at the time a miniature dachshund that was about 4 months old. While they pulled up the rug she was relegated to the basement so she wouldn't be in the way. Finally when they were done the dog was released and she happily came running into the living room and then skidded to a stop since the rug was gone. She was looking around like "what the heck happened". We all cracked up at that.
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Hey! Has anyone watched the 3rd season of The Bear? I have to gear myself up for it and haven't been ready to commit to it yet.
                            I liked it, but it meandered a bit. It was almost like the season was mostly old school filler episodes.
                            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

I liked it, but it meandered a bit. It was almost like the season was mostly old school filler episodes.
                              totally agree - and I was surprised when the season ended - it felt like a very short season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Sorry if misinterpreting the humour here…….. but did you say that in a “dude” voice? The same way “that rug” tied the room together?

Also……. The dude on the floor on the right……. Did he go on to play drums in The Police?!
                                you know it! (the dude, not the cousin).

Comment

Working...
                                X