No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I watched Battle of the Network Stars religiously - I can't wait to watch the video but I have to be in a meeting in 5 minutes.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
      OMG I watched Battle of the Network Stars religiously - I can't wait to watch the video but I have to be in a meeting in 5 minutes.
      It's a hoot, Kayrone.

Cosell is announcing like it's the Superbowl and then when Farrah Fawcett says something to him he responds with Farrah, baby, I don't make the rules, honey"

The entire clip is gold.
      Last edited by CGVT; July 9, 2024, 02:19 PM.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ohhhh yes it is! That takes me wayyyy back, I can practically feel the shag carpet in my parent's living room
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Got a buddy, Kev, (not seen him for years) …… But back in the day, he named the floor covering in the back of his VW Caddy, “the shag carpet”
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That was terrific.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I saw Gabe Kaplan at the Center Stage in Canton MI doing stand up and he was hysterical.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                ohhhh yes it is! That takes me wayyyy back, I can practically feel the shag carpet in my parent's living room
                Was the shag carpet orange?
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Was the shag carpet orange?
                  One house that we lived in when I was a kid had green shag carpeting and orange trim.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

One house that we lived in when I was a kid had green shag carpeting and orange trim.
                    Please don't tell us anything disturbing ......, like your parents were cheeseheads and they couldn't find the yellow trim version!
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Please don't tell us anything disturbing ......, like your parents were cheeseheads and they couldn't find the yellow trim version!
                      Good Lord, no. It seemed that all interior design in the late 60 to mid 70s was green, orange and a gaudy "harvest" yellow with a lot of cheap wood panelling. Kitchens were predominantly avocado green, browns and yellows.

In an aesthetic sense, it was a terrible time to be alive. Ha!

Comment

• GSIc8c7XUAAqNn5.jpg
                        lnpj8tu9v9cc1.jpg

Comment

• I had to paint over the cabinets in the cottage up north a while back. They were Vernors green with big yellow sunflowers wall paper stickers stuck to them. When I say Vernors green, it was lacquer they used to paint the Vernors vans. Dark green and almost impossible to paint over.

Comment

• Horrendous days! Donny Osmond in that photo up there has a busy lounge area!

And the kitchen? Is that curtains ABOVE the wall units? WTF is going on there?

I used to live in a suburb of Sydney, Australia from 76 - 78 and my parents' friends (Kay & Arthur) from memory had the textbook 70's look going on. Open plan kitchen into lounge area with breakfast bar and chrome stools etc etc. Was like a set from "Happy Days".

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I had to paint over the cabinets in the cottage up north a while back. They were Vernors green with big yellow sunflowers wall paper stickers stuck to them. When I say Vernors green, it was lacquer they used to paint the Vernors vans. Dark green and almost impossible to paint over.
                              That makes my eyes burn just imagining what it looked like. How long did you live with it before you couldn't take it anymore?

Comment

• I think it had been up at least 20 years. The trailer part of the cottage is 70 years old and they must have painted it in the 70's. It wasn't too bad to look at, but that's mainly because the lighting of those old trailers is pretty dark. It took me a good weekend to rough it up so I could paint over. I used every chemical I knew to strip paint and none of it worked.
                                Last edited by froot loops; July 10, 2024, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X