No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will catchup soon enough and see if its a spoiler or not.. then we'll bring the shame.

But I wholeheartedly agree that Ruth Langmore is one of my favorite characters ever. Her use of the word "f*ck" was off the charts amazing and the actor can conjure up difficult emotions with ease. Such a good show.
    Last edited by jaadam4; May 18, 2022, 03:28 PM.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• SPOILERHer whole family got wiped out. I guess the only ones alive are the ginger kid and the baby.
      Last edited by -Deborah-; May 19, 2022, 07:39 AM. Reason: Spoiler much?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I will catchup soon enough and see if its a spoiler or not.. then we'll bring the shame.

But I wholeheartedly agree that Ruth Langmore is one of my favorite characters ever. Her use of the word "f*ck" was off the charts amazing and the actor can conjure up difficult emotions with ease. Such a good show.
        For sure!!

This compilation doesn't have anything recent in here but still has a lot of her good lines:

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Oh, there are boobies in that video so I guess you have to login and watch it at YouTube. Bummer.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            SPOILERHer whole family got wiped out. I guess the only ones alive are the ginger kid and the baby.
            SPOILERGinger, the baby was the Preachers kid and not really a Langmore. The only reason why they ended up with it was because Wyatt was married to the Snell lady who adopter him. Really wish she didn't die, she wasn't evil, kill Havi was a stupid decision, but she had this whole redemption going on that the ending really spoiled. Also Wendy really should have died.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

SPOILERGinger, the baby was the Preachers kid and not really a Langmore. The only reason why they ended up with it was because Wyatt was married to the Snell lady who adopter him. Really wish she didn't die, she wasn't evil, kill Havi was a stupid decision, but she had this whole redemption going on that the ending really spoiled. Also Wendy really should have died.
              SPOILERTook me a moment to realize you mean that Ruth wasn't evil -- thought you were saying Darlene Snell wasn't. Ruth thought killing Havi would make her feel better but I don't think it did. She was pretty lost once Wyatt was killed and there was no way Havi's mom was going to let her live once she knew.

I thought they were going to kill Wendy in that car accident.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

For sure!!

This compilation doesn't have anything recent in here but still has a lot of her good lines:

I don’t know shit about fuck..

best.. line.. ever
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

SPOILERTook me a moment to realize you mean that Ruth wasn't evil -- thought you were saying Darlene Snell wasn't. Ruth thought killing Havi would make her feel better but I don't think it did. She was pretty lost once Wyatt was killed and there was no way Havi's mom was going to let her live once she knew.

I thought they were going to kill Wendy in that car accident.
                  SPOILER Yeah was taking about Ruth right after talking about the baby (him not being a Langmore). Ruth's death just seemed a weird tack on, guess it was the way of saying you won't survive leaving the business and Marty and Wendy pushing through and working the system was the only way to survive. It just sucks because as story telling goes Ruth seemed to have buried her demons and was ready to push past her losses, she was a new her. I wasn't big on having her working with the cartel at the end. Wendy and Marty should have been the end of the show sacrifice (but you can't do that if Ruth lives), but that kind of death is supposed to contribute to the story. The person that kills Ruth doesn't get her come uppins and the Wendy whom out of the main cast was the worst human survives. It doesn't feel right. If Wendy died in the accident and Marty lets Ruth die to save the kids, I think I could swallow that. Specially since Marty took her under his wing like she was his kid (to a degree), you know he cared, so it would be like a slight Sophie's choice to let Havi's mom kill her.

Comment

• I appreciate the use of the spoiler button. Well done. I’m still on season 3 of Ozark. Very casually plugging away there when time is available.

and damn. A couple big TV series dropping at the end of the week.
                    - Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series. Rooting so badly for this series to be a hit. Please get it right, Disney. If the narrative is similar to the “Logan” movie from a few years ago… I think that’s the perfect direction IMO. It needs that Western style feel.
                    - Stranger Things season 4. Very excited for the new season. Can’t believe season 1 was 6 years ago. Time flies.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I never watched Stranger beyond the first season. Are the later seasons good?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I never watched Stranger beyond the first season. Are the later seasons good?
                        Better than most TV shows. 2 was really really strong. Season 3 had a weak point or two but kept the overall quality pretty high.

Comment

• Has anyone started watching Obi Wan yet?
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Has anyone started watching Obi Wan yet?
                            I watched the first episode during the weekend. I’m taking it slow as usual for TV series. Anti-binge watch.

Avoiding spoilers with my post… it's a decent start for the series. Laid the foundation. I was entertained. Hopefully the next 5 episodes in the season raise it to another level of quality. As a big fan of the TV series “Homeland”, I love the casting choice of Rupert Friend as a villain in Kenobi. Underrated actor.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

I watched the first episode during the weekend. I’m taking it slow as usual for TV series. Anti-binge watch.

Avoiding spoilers with my post… it's a decent start for the series. Laid the foundation. I was entertained. Hopefully the next 5 episodes in the season raise it to another level of quality. As a big fan of the TV series “Homeland”, I love the casting choice of Rupert Friend as a villain in Kenobi. Underrated actor.
                              Oooh, I love him! Might have to check it out.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ya, it's terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X