No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's Perry Mason is worth the watch. I just binged the first season in two nights. I am a big fan of the original series, as cheesy as it may be at times, and this certainly is not that show, but it had me watching one episode after another.

I need to take a break for a day or two and catch up on my sleep, but I am looking forward to watching the second season.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Anything HBO does is worth watching. I’ll give it a go
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Expanse finale was great. The compact season was a bummer because it was only 6 episodes and they spent the opening six minutes of each episode teasing out a plot line that is played out in the books and has no resolution in this series. It leaves you wanting more, but as we know from George Costanza, leaving out on a high note is the best. The best thing about the series is it had at least 8 characters that were great.

Comment

• Five episodes into "The Expanse." Enjoying it. Entertaining. Nice blend of sci-fi, action, and political + police drama. If the characters become fleshed out in the right way, can see this series taking it to the next level (from good to excellent).

The Rings of Power. Hmmmm.
          Really hope they get this series right. They showed behind the scenes making of this teaser. It's actually not CGI. If this is a sign of practical effects over a CGI fest (like The Hobbit movies had way too much lazy/ bloated CGI), perhaps that's a good sign.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Hobbit was so bad. I love the LoTR and was really looking forward to it but it was boring. I didn’t even watch the last one.

Truthfully It could have been 1 movie
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The Expanse finale was great. The compact season was a bummer because it was only 6 episodes and they spent the opening six minutes of each episode teasing out a plot line that is played out in the books and has no resolution in this series. It leaves you wanting more, but as we know from George Costanza, leaving out on a high note is the best. The best thing about the series is it had at least 8 characters that were great.
              Yeah, outside of the Laconia story line, one of the best final episodes I can remember. My only other quibble was that Marco’s ending was a little anticlimactic and felt a bit rushed after all the action in the episode.

Comment

• Inaros was really a good villian.

Comment

• I’ve never heard of Expanse before this thread so I’ll give it a go. Is the first season good or does it take awhile to get into?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, I’m not hooked to “The Expanse” (yet), but it’s enjoyable so far. Defining hooked as when a new TV series sucks you in to have the urge to watch on a daily basis or binge.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    The Hobbit was so bad. I love the LoTR and was really looking forward to it but it was boring. I didn’t even watch the last one.

Truthfully It could have been 1 movie
                    1 or 2 movies. Definitely not 3. The Hobbit trilogy was way too bloated from a narrative perspective. Stretching out a plot into 9 hours of runtime that could have been 4 or 5 hours IMO.
                    Guillermo del Toro was originally going to make two The Hobbit movies, but stepped down due to conflicts with the studio. I wish we could have seen del Toro’s vision.

Pressure is on Amazon to get this LOTR series right with it being the most expensive TV series ever made. The lofty expectations of living up to the Peter Jackson LOTR trilogy too.
                    Fingers crossed that this or “House of the Dragon” get it right this year. All I’m asking is for one of these series to be a hit.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cody how far into Expanse are you?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Cody how far into Expanse are you?
                        6 episodes. It’s rare it be hooked on a drama series right away. Like for example, I wasn’t hooked on Game of Thrones until episode 5 or 6 a decade ago.
                        The Expanse is entertaining and I can’t complain so far.

It’s not “Ozark” IMO. That one hooked me right away.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The first season of Ozark was really great. I'm looking forward to start watching the new season.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• What channel an nights is that on jaad?
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Netflix bro.. any day of the week
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I've been watching Expanse here and there. It hasn't grabbed me like GoT or Breaking Bad but its pretty good. It has a cool storyline to it.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X