X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Game of Thrones continues to get dumber. It sounds like Erin Rogers has a small part in episode 5. They sure know how to properly f things up.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Game of Thrones continues to get dumber. It sounds like Erin Rogers has a small part in episode 5. They sure know how to properly f things up.
        So Rodgers is preparing for life after football?
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• His own family hates him so he has to do something with the time
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hopefully D&D give us a well written episode tomorrow. We know the directing will be "A+" quality.... plot decisions and holes? Please, get it right in 8x05...

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Game of Thrones continues to get dumber. It sounds like Erin Rogers has a small part in episode 5. They sure know how to properly f things up.
            Rodgers will probably make a quick cameo (Golden Company soldier?) like Noah Syndergaard or Mac from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." If GoT gives Rodgers extended screen time like Ed Sheeran... that'll be weird.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wow.. holy hell man
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I loved episode 5. Up until that episode I hated the entire season but every episode has been leading up to this.

SPOILER
                    Cody I agree about Jamie being captured. How many times does this make for Jamie becoming a prisoner? Seriously he was a great soldier and lived after helping defeat the army of the dead yet he can't keep from getting captured. I hated that scene until he and Tyrion said their final goodbyes. I actually thought that was touching but the rest of the scene was rubbish.

Jamie vs Euron was fucking terrible. What a shit stick of a waste of time that was.

I have no idea how this is going to end but Dany said this before when Tyrion told her the game of thrones wheel would continue to go round and round for years to come. She said "Her plans were to break the wheel altogether". Well that she did that in spades. I think Jon is going to end up dead and the mad queen might fall with him.

My dark horse would be Sansa taking over.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I loved episode 5. Up until that episode I hated the entire season but every episode has been leading up to this.

SPOILER
                      Cody I agree about Jamie being captured. How many times does this make for Jamie becoming a prisoner? Seriously he was a great soldier and lived after helping defeat the army of the dead yet he can't keep from getting captured. I hated that scene until he and Tyrion said their final goodbyes. I actually thought that was touching but the rest of the scene was rubbish.

Jamie vs Euron was fucking terrible. What a shit stick of a waste of time that was.

I have no idea how this is going to end but Dany said this before when Tyrion told her the game of thrones wheel would continue to go round and round for years to come. She said "Her plans were to break the wheel altogether". Well that she did that in spades. I think Jon is going to end up dead and the mad queen might fall with him.

My dark horse would be Sansa taking over.

SPOILER Sansa shouldn't be a dark horse. There is enough info out there to foreshadow that. I have been suggesting to people for about 3 years that Sansa ends up the Queen. I have been saying since at least season 2 that Dany is going to be just as bad as her father.

As for the rushing, my guess is that Bran stays at Winterfell due to his story being over, Sansa is instant transported to either LT or DS, and we get the ending there. In fact I am guessing the resolution to Dany happens earlier in the episode than one would think, because this is going to need Return of the King amount of ending scenes for characters.
                      Last edited by Topweasel; May 15, 2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Good points Jaadam and Topweasel

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-...=discover_feed
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          SPOILER Keep in mind this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't parts. Jamie wasn't written to be captured to be a threat handing over Tyrions head. He wasn't there to be a reason for Tyrion to get executed next episode. We didn't need him to be captured and later released to understand how he made it to Cersie in time. Jamie was captured to A.) put in the Dumbest Lannister joke again. B.) to have a real goodbye scene between Tyrion and Jamie. Ok really just B. Jamie was heading headlong to his death with Cersie. His character wouldn't stop to chat with Tyrion. He needed to be stopped and held for Tyrion to talk to him one last time. It's important to note that the framework is forced at this point. It has to be a checklist and that one and Euron's end were basically required to be handled how they were no matter how stupid it seems. But with it we get knowledge that Euron is dead (closure) and we get the goodbye scene (Closure).

Comment

• Bad, bad bad.

1. Euron. Everything about Euron is bad.
                            2. Varys? How? Greatest spy in seven kingdoms became literally the worst possible spy in the span of 60-80 minutes/couple of days.
                            3. Jamie's character arc for season 8 is unbelievably poor.
                            4. Dany, too.

Stunning decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                              Bad, bad bad.

4. Dany, too.
                              I disagree with this one. I like where she's going. The rest suck.
                              Last edited by jaadam4; May 19, 2019, 03:03 PM.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I disagree with this one. I like where she's going. The rest suck.
                                SPOILERI don't see how the development fits the end result. I am not disputing HOW COOL episode 5 looked. But, the events that took her there do not fit her actions.
                                To this point, the major events for her to go from Beyonce to insane war crimes dragon queen are:
                                1. North (folk, Sansah, Arya, wildlings) don't IMMEDIATELY embrace her as queen. This conflict was forced by some the worst tension-dialogue and the writers nonsensically alienating Dany during the post battle celebration. No one, no one???? found her impressive in the least? just ultra unlikely.
                                2. Similar to above, Dany feels she is scorned by Jon like the north, WHEN IT IS TOTALLY REASONABLE by both parties in each circumstance. Jon doesn't want the throne, but doesn't want to bang his aunt. This ends up being an allegedly decisive moment in Dany's MERCY/FEAR complex. 7 seasons and her meticulously developed moral compass is JILTED by Jon's accidental RED PILLING by proxy CAUSE HE FINDS OUT THEY ARE RELATED
                                3. Missandei - yep. sucks. Not defensible. Would have really lent itself to some heinous Cersei death, because Cersei -- at that moment -- personalized the conflict between Dany and Cersei. It literally does the opposite of that. Maybe the parable is over my head. But, given how low brow this season is compared to every preceding -- I doubt it. The writers instead made the scouring of the shire a cathartic experience shared by.... Grey Worm and.. Dany? LOL WHY. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT THOSE TWO? WHY DO THEY SUDDENLY MATTER. Why does Grey Worm's grief suddenly unfold his very nature to the point where it is alluded he might be willing to kill jon snow? LOLLLLLLLLL IT IS FUCKING DUMB.
                                4. jon being jon and her being surprised by that

Listen -- the clear rebuttal being tossed around is "SHES A TARGERYEAN-- THIS IS HER TRANSITION INTO MADNESS!!!! READ THE BOOKS DUMMY!!!"

Ok. Fine. Guess what? Would be the worst transition into madness of a major character ever. She experiences an ounce of rejection and loss relative to everything she has accomplished and she descends into an insane mass murderer who wields the most powerful weapon in the world (I guess on par with wooden ballistas that could have apparently executed 9/11 better than airplanes). There is no reasonable hint that she is becoming the Mad Queen -- she is literally becoming just some woman who had a break up/lost a dear friend and decided to strap C4 to a bunch of school buses.

Comment

Working...
                                X