No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never seen this show but reading these comments is pretty entertaining.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• It wasn't bad. Like others have said, this season just felt hurried. If it was even 10 episodes instead of 7, I think it would have felt better.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        I've never seen this show but reading these comments is pretty entertaining.
        WHAT!?!?!

You've never watched Game of Thrones?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
          It wasn't bad. Like others have said, this season just felt hurried. If it was even 10 episodes instead of 7, I think it would have felt better.
          This
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It has to be considered bad compared to seasons 1-6. It is bad compared to most television shows.

The season's narrative was driven by idiot plot.

The white walkers cannot reasonably advance without negotiating the wall. Their threat is still pretty low in terms of time and force -- as they are contained and additional forces don't necessarily have a meaningful correlation in negotiating the wall ("magic" -- as has been repeated throughout the show. forever. every season.)

The show's protagonist gives them the one thing in the world that allows them to negotiate the wall in an insanely reduced time frame/minimal loss to force/and essentially zero cost/risk penalty.

The worst part is, it is still portrayed as a victory -- because the wight is retrieved........................................ lol. WTF.

Its purpose/success still contingent upon, like, 8 other things that can be controlled/not controlled
            -do they actually make it to kings landing
            -does cersei grant audience
            -does it compel jaimie
            -does it compel cersei
            -does it compel cersei enough to not subvert/kill them

Meanwhile, amidst this manufactured political rope-a-dope, THEY JUST HANDED NK A FUCKING DRAGON AND HE BLOWS UP THE WALL.

Jon really needs to re-evaluate his parameters for honor.

Jon: cersei. the threat is real. before this meeting, they were trapped behind a wall and were committed to a protracted battle. But, your belief became the most important thing in Westeros... so....

Jon: to convince you I brought you this wight. Look how real it is. Also, there is no wall now. And, I gave them a dragon. So, when I insisted to Dany with steadfast conviction that the threat is real -- and now do the same to you -- I have no change in inflection that it actually is 1000x more true currently than it was then -- and that is 100% because of us and our two episode epiphany that we really needed your belief.

The spoiling of seasons 1-6 should be evident.

People did crazy stupid plans because the losses/current situations paled in comparison to the possibility of reward compared to risk. This whole season's narrative is so far beneath that it is really troubling for season 8.

Comment

• So...?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• lol

Comment

• To be fair about the White Walkers needing a dragon to get past the wall. The series basically teased us that their army was ready to f shit up with the season 2 ending. The army of the dead attacked the Fist of the First Men. Then we had to wait five more seasons for the army to get past the damn wall.
                  Yes, soooo many plot holes though. Kind of unrelated to the plot holes: In S2, Sam found dragon glass and a horn buried in the snow at the Fist of the First Men. ... thought that horn would bring down The Wall lol... way off.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Let's be honest. Jon isn't the kind of guy who is going to react well to learning he just had sex with his aunt. Even though the Targarens are (in the books) cool with incest, Jon was raised as a Stark. Ned was the epitomy of truth and honor.

The problem is, GoT always has always had to end with the battle between the living vs. the whitewalkers and their army of the dead. As unpredictable as everything was in the beginning (who's going to die? OMG, how could they kill that character), the ending was never going to change.

Really, all we can speculate on are the small details of the story involving which characters die in the end. At this point, trying to surprise people will entail them overthinking the whole thing.

Who's going to live and who's going to die?

- Whether she dies or not, Cersei won't end the series on the Iron Throne.
                    - Jaime joins up with Brienne and...not important to the end game.
                    - Tyrion is one of the most beloved characters in the series, so if they kill him it'd have to be epic. Does he sacrifice himself to save Cersei/Jaime and ensure the survival of the Lannister family?
                    - Euron is going to die at the hand of Theon, even if that means sacrificing himself as a redemption for all the shitty things he did.
                    - One or both of Sansa and Arya die.
                    - Bran probably dies in some fashion that helps the others win the war.
                    - Daenerys or Jon really feel like the only two characters whom one of which has to survive. Everyone else is expendable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      To be fair about the White Walkers needing a dragon to get past the wall. The series basically teased us that their army was ready to f shit up with the season 2 ending. The army of the dead attacked the Fist of the First Men. Then we had to wait five more seasons for the army to get past the damn wall.
                      Yes, soooo many plot holes though. Kind of unrelated to the plot holes: In S2, Sam found dragon glass and a horn buried in the snow at the Fist of the First Men. ... thought that horn would bring down The Wall lol... way off.
                      Right,

This only illustrates, for me, that they have had plenty of time to construct a thoughtful/paced sequence of events leading to WW negotiating the wall.

Comment

• So once the WW had the dragon, they immediately brought down The Wall. Otherwise, it's unclear how they would get past it. Plot device much.
                        They should have just had the wights climb The Wall. We know they can fall at great heights and live (Hardhome).
                        GRRM did say the ending will be bittersweet. According to Danny's vision is S2, she bailed on the Throne, went up North and died basically.
                        Danny will die tragically in the North, but help defeat the WWs in that process as well IMO.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ya, that is what I am saying -- they could have came up with anything.

Instead, they feigned the WW threat to initiate a plan which in turn actualized the threat -- none of which would have happened had they not gone at all.

*It's like there is a house that contains an insanely communicable virus, but it is contained within the house. Yes, at some point it will figure out a way to break through the barriers keeping it contained -- but, there is no clear path for it. It would take a level of ingenuity the virus hasn't yet proved capable of. Scientists possess the antidote, but it is remotely located and hard to produce, but they have it and it is effective. Given this circumstance -- scientists then elect to enter the house, not to eradicate, not to study, simply to retrieve animal corpses to prove the existence of the infection to.. uhhh... Like, North Korea (they dgaf anyway). Dude rips his suit cause he is an idiot, becomes a casualty -- virus in human tissue allows some change to negotiate inorganic barriers*

-No one would ever understand what the scientists were thinking in the first place.

I feel like it'd be hard to have her die in the north. she already experienced great loss and they already harpooned a dragon. Unless she dies dragon on dragon style -- it'd be hard to out do Viserion death.

TL;DR:

Nothing happens and Westeros is infinitely safer if they never trick themselves into thinking they need to retrieve a wight. Also, 3 healthy dragons.
                          Last edited by millenwasmyfavorite; August 30, 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• In the season that Bran was north of the wall going to meet the 3 eyed raven, didnt the white walkers bust out from underneath the ice? I thought they did when they were attacking
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Soooooo.. what do we do now?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wait for either the Lions to win the Super Bowl or the last season of GoT to start, whichever comes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X