No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm giving it a chance. I didn't like the majority of last season but its picking back up.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This video is fascinating. The best mixture of two great things since Arnold Palmer Half and Half.
      [ame]https://youtu.be/4CTJEZXtr94[/ame]
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• GoT is continuing to be excellent
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          GoT is continuing to be excellent
          Oh yea, excellent.

A couple small things are still bothering me (stab in the backs again), but it can't be perfect. I wish Osha had a scene before her death to make that more impactful. She had A LOT of screen time seasons 1-3, like her or not.
          It's building towards a crazy finish in the North and at Kings Landing. Will be crazy!
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Oh yea, excellent.

A couple small things are still bothering me (stab in the backs again), but it can't be perfect. I wish Osha had a scene before her death to make that more impactful. She had A LOT of screen time seasons 1-3, like her or not.
            It's building towards a crazy finish in the North and at Kings Landing. Will be crazy!
            Probably had more to due with the actress who played Osha. I don't think she wanted to stretch it out. She had basically 3 minutes of show time through the two episodes. They were probably done in 1-2 days for her. It would have been one thing if she was hired to be in the cast, but probably coming back at this point was a favor to HBO depending on her schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
              Probably had more to due with the actress who played Osha. I don't think she wanted to stretch it out. She had basically 3 minutes of show time through the two episodes. They were probably done in 1-2 days for her. It would have been one thing if she was hired to be in the cast, but probably coming back at this point was a favor to HBO depending on her schedule.
              Yea, you are probably right about the filming time (1-2 days) for her.
              But who knows about her schedule directly affecting that. Natalia Tena doesn't have much filming going on (according to IMDB).
              With Ciar?n Hinds (Mance Rayder actor), he expected to be a bigger part in season 5, but was killed off in the 1st episode with little filming time likely.

My point: I can't find where Natalia Tena confirms her schedule shortening her film time... cuz Ciar?n Hinds' schedule didn't shorten his screen time.

So everyone is expecting Daenerys, the Starks (Jon/Bran/Sansa), and the White Walkers to be the end game... that is what GoT is building towards.
              I'm interested with what will happen to the Lannisters and Littlefinder... how they could make the end of the GoT series unexpected.
              When Jamie said to Cersei a couple episodes ago: "We will take back everything they took away."
              That line is powerfu, but I think people aren't giving them a chance to go farther in this show.
              I hope Jamie and Cersei aren't defeated... and Littlefinder conquers the North. It would be unexpected.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I can't wait to see how they kill off Ramsey when they finally do. He's a real asshole.

I think Daenerys will be the end all at Kings Landing but the cripple Stark and the white walkers are the wildcard. I'm just not sure how all that will tie in with the fighting of man. Winter has been coming for years now.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Unless the dragons take care of them.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• One Giphy to summarize my thoughts on Thrones tonight:

(Tear jerking finish and actually the Bran scenes created suspense)

Really, if episodes 6-10 are as strong as they usually are, this could be my favorite season.
                    Halfway there!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hitting on all cylinders this season. I feel it's been a bit too rapid for what GRRM would have written. But man it's been a properly fantastic season so far. So many scenes that would be considered a season standout and only 5 episodes in.

Comment

• Great season indeed.

Wow
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wow such a powerful episode. Even better than those two in terms of a battle scene. Closest I would compare it to would be Braveheart or Excalibur or Kingdom of heaven just terrifyingly gritty. The giant going down got me more than Rickon's passing. I also think Ramsay got off easy.

But easily the best at everything GoT has done this season. Maybe not the sadness on level with Hodor. But everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                            Wow such a powerful episode. Even better than those two in terms of a battle scene. Closest I would compare it to would be Braveheart or Excalibur or Kingdom of heaven just terrifyingly gritty. The giant going down got me more than Rickon's passing. I also think Ramsay got off easy.

But easily the best at everything GoT has done this season. Maybe not the sadness on level with Hodor. But everything else.
                            Yup, a "Braveheart" battle is a good comparison ... really, either the 1st or 2nd battle in that movie. The 1st battle, the good guys win... but the 2nd battle in "Braveheart" was more dark like this GoT episode.
                            "The Last Samurai" maybe... or that opening battle scene in "Gladiator."
                            "LOTR: The Two Towers", Littlefingers' charge was kind of like when Gandalf rode in at Helms Deep.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              Yup, a "Braveheart" battle is a good comparison ... really, either the 1st or 2nd battle in that movie. The 1st battle, the good guys win... but the 2nd battle in "Braveheart" was more dark like this GoT episode.
                              "The Last Samurai" maybe... or that opening battle scene in "Gladiator."
                              "LOTR: The Two Towers", Littlefingers' charge was kind of like when Gandalf rode in at Helms Deep.
                              Oh yeah certainly the charge reminds me of helms deep. It's just that Lotr really avoided being that gritty during their battles.

Either way it's amazing to think that it came from a TV show. You would almost think it was HBO putting all of their eggs in a one episode basket but this season has been just so great so far.

Comment

• Holy shit these last two GoT episodes were incredible.
                                Two of the best TV episodes for any TV series I've seen... probably the best season finale.
                                As I suspected a couple weeks ago, Sapochnik did as well as you can do.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell
                                We still get 2 more episodes (9 and 10) directed by Miguel Sapochnik. He directed "Hardhome" from last season, arguably the best episode of GoT.
                                Though the season has had many big moments so far, I feel like it is still building towards something really epic. The North at Winterfell and in Kings Landing.
                                The directors for GoT season 7 have been announced. They are bringing back Alan Taylor. He recently directed "Thor: The Dark World" and "Terminator:Geniysis."
                                No Sapochnik, but I suspect he will be held out for season 8 if he isn't offered a movie deal by then.
                                Alan Taylor will do great for the final two episodes of season 7 (I assume he will direct those). Taylor now has experience with action film after his last two movies.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X