No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw, I was totally just along for the ride, not even knowing this tour thing was a thing that has been around and apparently highly popular for years. By the end of the 2 hour semi private tour, we had seen and heard a lot about all of our personal interests in specific actors, shows and movies from our tour guide. He made sure to hit the check list for all 8 of us on his tour. I tipped the guy 20 bucks when no one else even considered tipping him.

If you're into movie history, you owe it to yourself to do this tour thing.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Explore Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood with tours from $70. Experience Hollywood history, enjoy our new Storytelling Showcase, and celebrate diverse storytelling.

Comment

• Ground Floor was cancelled? Darn. I liked seeing Briga Heelan on TV. Hopefully she returns to Undateable.

Comment

• Did anyone see Norm MacDonald on Letterman last Friday night? I was not ready to see him break down like that. Norm is usually pretty stoic but when he recalled his childhood memory of seeing Dave on stage he started to crack a little and then when he finished with a retelling of Dave's joke and then said "I love you, Dave" he started to sob a little and Dave seemed quite moved. It was very touching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
            Ground Floor was cancelled? Darn. I liked seeing Briga Heelan on TV. Hopefully she returns to Undateable.
            Ikr

Comment

Did anyone see Norm MacDonald on Letterman last Friday night? I was not ready to see him break down like that. Norm is usually pretty stoic but when he recalled his childhood memory of seeing Dave on stage he started to crack a little and then when he finished with a retelling of Dave's joke and then said "I love you, Dave" he started to sob a little and Dave seemed quite moved. It was very touching.
              Nope.

And not a fan of either.

People at work are talking about the final week. I guess that's something.

Comment

Ground Floor was cancelled? Darn. I liked seeing Briga Heelan on TV. Hopefully she returns to Undateable.
                Never heard of Ground Floor, but I wondered why she left Undateable so fast. That seemed odd.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yeah, it was odd.

Comment

• Probably got another gig we haven't heard or are aware of yet.

Comment

• I finally saw the ending of Letterman's last show (my DVR cut off the last few minutes). I thought it was well done. The Top 10 list was good with all of the guests. The segment with the children was good. The Taco Bell segment was also good.

When I was a kid, I had heard about David Letterman but I didn't know who he was (wasn't allowed to stay up that late). When I got to high school and started staying up later, I started to see The Tonight Show. Johnny Carson was funny but I didn't relate to him. I saw Jay Leno guest host and thought he was funny. When he was awarded the Tonight Show, it seemed to make sense to me. Then I heard more about David Letterman and how a lot of people felt he got screwed by NBC and Jay Leno. I didn't have much of an opinion but when Letterman went to CBS, I thought I would check it out.

I was instantly hooked. His monologues were funny and his interviews were great. And unlike Leno, if Dave didn't like who he was interviewing, he didn't really hide it.

I haven't watched much late night TV the last few years. I do like Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, and even Jimmy Fallon. But Dave will always be my favorite and I will miss him those nights I do stay up and decide to flip around at 11:35pm. He didn't have the most popular show but I thought he had the best show.

Comment

• Just finished re-watching season 1 of "Dexter." Wow, I didn't realize how perfect that season is. Absolutely brilliant... and you can notice so many small things they did early in the season to build up to the end of the season.

I thought seasons 2 and 4 were the best, so I can't wait to see if that holds up after re-watching the TV series. Right now, I'd have to say season 1 is the best.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Game of Thrones (episode 8 )last night... Omg, so good.
                          I'd say that moment (not to spoil what exactly) goes in my top 5 GoT moments in the series.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• "True Detective" season 2 is off to a confusing (so many characters), dark, and solid (good acting and interesting?) start IMO.

You can't expect it to match season 1 and there is a lot of main characters. Hopefully all it ties together nicely.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm not sure i like this years cast. Last year just set the bar extremely high
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Not sure why Taylor Kitsch has a part in True Detective. He's horrible even surrounded with this cast.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X