TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea spoilers ruin everything haha.

Seasons 1-3 of The Walking Dead are very good. Season one and part of season two of "The Walking Dead" was "led" by Frank Darabont, who directed "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile." AMC hired Darbont's buddy to finish season 2 and season 3... and I thought he did a great job. Season 4 however... well...
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Keep watching, Tom. Cody is wrong about season four.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Spoilers in article.

This guy: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=97327
        and this guy: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11163129
        Sum up my views exactly about season 4.

I mean, the show runner since season 4 has only done one movie, a co-writer for "Ghost Riders 2." Seasons 1-2 Shawshank Redemption vs season 4 Ghost Riders 2. But I guess everyone has their own preferences. I'll re-watch the entire series during my two week break starting Monday and see if I have the same views.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This guy's response to the fist post sums it up.

Yeesh. Someone's missing something.

The Walking Dead isn't about zombies. It's about surviving in a post-apocalyptic world. It's about the fall of civilization, the fall of society, the fall of law and order, and the life that follows. It's a DRAMA.

From the first season, this is how it was. Rick was so hopeful, so optimistic, so much a Paragon Shepard that this photomanip became super-popular....

He leads the group on. He honors the dead. He's DETERMINED to be a hero, and it gets the group in trouble.
          Season 2, they catch a break - but not really. Rick wants to settle in on Hershel's farm, but he's packing demons of his own within the group. They're demoralized, they're tired of Rick's soft approach, yet they're not sure what they want. When you have a group of people who are very different from each other, put them in the same area for months and months, you're going to get some serious social problems. At the end, Rick decides he's had enough beating around the bush, had enough trying to negotiate - it's his way or the highway.
          Season 3, we see some serious contrasts in style. The Governor is a dark version of Rick, someone who is willing to lie, steal, and kill in order to provide his definition of safety and stability. Rick wants to hold onto his principles, and is encouraged to do so despite losing his sanity after Lori's death. His son loses respect for his father, and his grief makes him untrustworthy.
          Season 4, Rick is trying to settle his demons. With help from Hershel, he tries to return things to SOME semblance of how things were outside of Atlanta. If you see the Governor as a dark version of Rick, then you'll greater appreciate his plea to "Brian" in the prison to work things out, to try and co-exist somehow. When Hershel is decapitated, Rick loses it. Things can't return.

The season finale showed Rick make good on the desperate boast made to Merle in the second episode of season 1.
          "All I am anymore is a man looking for his wife and son. Anyone who gets in the way of that is going to lose."

We also see a man surrounded by walkers, begging for help. That man could have been Rick from the first season, might as well have been. Season 4 Rick wouldn't have done what Glenn did in Atlanta.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Anyone watching Tyrant on FX?

Comment

• Aaron Paul won best supporting actor in a TV series drama. (Emmys)
              I love BB and Paul was great, but I would have given it to Dinklage. Dinklage was flawless during season 4 of GoT.

As for best drama? How can you choose between season 1 of True Detective, season 5 of BB, and season 4 of GoT? I haven't even seen Mad Men or House of Cards, but I've heard those were good.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I was shocked that McConnaghey didn't win & then I thought they'd at least win best Dramatic Series.

Nope. Not that Cranston & Breaking Bad aren't deserving but, wow.

Comment

• That's what I thought. There were a lot of deserving actors this year.
                  If I didn't watch the 2nd half of BB season 5 in one night, I would probably like it more haha. Still, both BB season 5 & True Detective season 1 were AMAZING (not to forget, season 4 of GoT).

Drama TV is good right now
                  Last edited by Cody_Russell; August 26, 2014, 05:28 PM.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    I was shocked that McConnaghey didn't win & then I thought they'd at least win best Dramatic Series.

Nope. Not that Cranston & Breaking Bad aren't deserving but, wow.
                    Add me to that list.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• MM was ridiculously fantastic in True Detective.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I think he really got screwed over but that just my opinion. He was a genius in that role
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think it was the best he's ever been...or at least since Dazed and Confused.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHsA4WIFvc"]A special TWIN PEAKS announcement - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I just saw the episode titled "The Grove" from season 4 of The Walking Dead. That little girl creeped me out. That whole episode completely threw me.

Comment

• The season premiere of The Walking Dead started off with a bang. It did not disappoint.

I saw the first episode of Gotham. I think this might be worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X