TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    Omgosh she did a fantastic job. When she was being processed at the jail, I felt as desolate and violated as she did.
    Yup..

You just about knew who was going to come to her rescue. I think I have a feeling of what's going to happen next but I haven't watched this last weeks episode yet.

I also read that they got picked up for another season next year.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• **** The Walking Dead. Season 4's writers are God awful!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Can't believe True Detective is going to be gone after Sunday. Gone in a blink. Damn this debut season was awesome. Just a phenomenal, phenomenal show. Matthew McConaughey was brilliant.
        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          **** The Walking Dead. Season 4's writers are God awful!
          Just got caught up with this season and once again, I couldn't disagree with you more. Ha!

This season has been great.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Cody has....unique tastes lol.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Just got caught up with this season and once again, I couldn't disagree with you more. Ha!

This season has been great.
              We might have to agree to disagree lol. Keep in mind the two main writers from the first 3 seasons are gone... Frank Darabont and Glen Mazzara.
              I think this show has lost everything it did well from the first 3 seasons. The plot isn't there. They have been poorly developing characters and throw in a random zombie attack in each episode. I thought the season was saved when they finally added Abraham... But they choose to quickly go away from him.
              That saying Bilbo says in LOTR "butter spread over to much bread" is exactly it. Not enough plot spread over too many episodes... And hiring inexperienced writers would do that.

This guy says it well: http://www.contactmusic.com/opinion/...ticism_4062479
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That guy is clueless on everything except that the kid that plays Carl is a shitty actor.

if Frank Darabont and Glen Mazzara wrote season two your argument is invalid.
                Last edited by CGVT; March 10, 2014, 07:58 PM.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They both wrote episodes (/ were executive producers) during season 2 actually. Darabont did the first couple of episodes then was let go (because the producers didn't like he Darabont handled Sophia or something). Mazzara did the remaining of season 2.

Without Mazzara and Darabont, The Walking Dead is nothing in my opinion. (season 4.)
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I do agree with his opinion about Rick and don't understand what this show has done to him.....
                    Season 1-the end of season 2, Rick was a classic hero we all loved.
                    End of season 2 until mid season 3 (until when Lori died), Rick was this dark/ badass character that would do whatever for the group, even killing people. I think if The Walking Dead defined Rick as that character, that would have been awesome! Kind of like how Walter White changed in Breaking Bad.
                    Mid season 3 to end of season 3, Rick was crazy.
                    End of Season 3 until mid season 4, Rick was this peaceful guy that gave all power to this council.
                    Mid season 4 until now, Rick is just a broken coward.

This lack of consistency is awful! I don't blame just season 4's writers for this... it just seems every new writer has a new idea for Rick and its becoming ridiculous now.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That is not inconsistency. The character has evolved over the course of time because of things that have happened to him and the group.

It is the opposite of poor writing.

Comment

• I just disagree haha. I would say that a character than evolves is more like Walter White in Breaking Bad. He gradually evolved from a nice regular guy to a bad-ass/ evil (whatever you would call him). He evolved from one personality to a different personality... that's it.
                        Rick's character in The Walking Dead goes back and forth so often, its hard to say what he is/ will become. First he is a hero, then he is a bad-ass, then he is crazy, then he is a Hippie, now he is a coward. That is 5 different personalities. Part of the reason that has happened is because of the change in significant witters/producers from season to season. I think each person has their own vision of what the protagonist should be for the show.

The other thing I hate is how how they have gone away from "the group." All of these side stories of two -three characters that take up an entire episode are pointless.
                        I love when a movie / tv series takes time to develop characters and there is no reason it can't be as great as season 1-2 of "The Walking Dead." Well wait, the reason it isn't as good is because the director of "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile" was fired lol.

at this point, it makes senses to kill off Rick, the "protagonist." ... which would have been unnecessary if his character was better developed. Hopefully they make Rick so much more.
                        Rick's "evolution" throughout the tv series is kind of like the picture on the right. Whereas Walter White in Breaking Bad is the picture on the left.
                        Last edited by Cody_Russell; March 16, 2014, 07:37 PM.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I got Netflix again after not having it for 3 months.
                          I wanted to start a new series and picked Dexter over House of Cards.

One episode in, I have a feeling this is going to be a great TV series.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This is very cool! full episodes of all seasons of shows including GoT, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, House of cards, etc.

Watch TV Shows and Documentaries Online for free in high definition.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Oh yeah, they have the full season of True Detective on there too
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Seasons 1, 2, and 4 of Dexter were incredible. Wow.
                                I'm not sure what I liked more, season 4 of Dexter or season 5 of Breaking Bad.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X