No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much agree with everything you said, Rommy. The guy who sang wasn't very good last night, but I find him funny most of the time. I voted for: Jeff Dye, Louis Ramey, and Iliza.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

Re: Last Comic Standing

What a terrible finale. Bleh. Except for Triumph - he always cracks me up. Jon Reep was kind of funny too. I was surprised by who won. I thought the second place and first place finishers would be reversed based on their performances last week. I think the second place finisher deserved to win but am happy for the first place finisher.*

*Names have been omitted to protect those who have not yet watched the show.
      Last edited by romster; August 8, 2008, 12:28 PM.
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

It still hasn't aired here. Preempted because of some preseason football game...I mean who really wants to see the Giants play????
        Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

I finally watched it yesterday. I was also surprised the way it turned out, but I think that all that performing the winner did got the winner exposure and a fan base that the others didn't get.

I think Jeff Dye needs a sitcom. He's yummy.

Oh, I was particularly stunned at the first comic who was eliminated! I thought he had a chance at winning.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

You know in the very beginning I didn't think Jeff Dye deserved to make it but he turned out to be very funny. I was surprised at the first comic eliminated too.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Bob Saget Roast. I love the roasts. I usually end up with tears in my eyes as they rip into each other harshly and mercilessly.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Bob Saget has turned vile, and yet not funny, in an effort to shed his AFV/Full House image.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

I think he may have been vile all along and it was just hidden on AFV/Full House. In looking for the day/time the roast will be airing, I saw a few clips at Comedy Central's website. Looks pretty funny.

Anyone watched Swingtown this summer? I've enjoyed it. A breath of fresh air in the reality TV world.

Comment

Yep, Rom, I've been watching. I like it also. They really set the mood well for that time period. I would be surprised if it gets renewed, though.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

Anybody watch "Fear Itself"? I started DVRing it and it is a pretty good show.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Not me. I don't like scary movies.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Sundance did an Iconclasts episode pairing Dave Chappelle and Maya Angelou which was most interesting. When Maya Angelou speaks, it's like honey dripping from her lips.

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            Not me. I don't like scary movies.
                            Deb, not really scary, just suspenseful and usually the ending has you thinking, "what the hell, hey?"
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Bob Saget has always been dirty in his standups. I remember the Rodney Dangerfield HBO specials in the mid-eighties when he first came on the circuit. Foul.

I'm watching Hogan's Heros right now for the first time in fitty years. LMAO!
                              Last edited by Drew; August 17, 2008, 01:03 AM.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

The Shield -the final season premiers Sept 2nd

Comment

Working...
                                X