No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ol' detroit city was featured on an episode of 'Life After People' on the history channel

they showed an abandoned Packard plant as an example of what will happen when structures are untouched for 40 years. also had computer generated video of the ambassador bridge falling down
    "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• I saw the original 2 hour "Life After People" and thought it was excellent. I tried watching the series but it felt too drawn out and I ended up getting bored. It would have been cool to see Detroit though.

Comment

• def agree about it being drawn out.

it had potential to be a really great series but something really seems missing from every episode. i feel there should be more emphasis on places where there is evidence of the things that happen after people, like the places they showed in detroit and that town that had the ongoing fires underground coal mines (they are still burning 25 years later!) and everyone left town.
        "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• It's the surprises like this that make 'America's Got Talent' so much fun to watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gqfMXgXKoA"]YouTube - Kevin Skinner 35 Unemployed Farmer Americas Got Talent June 30[/ame]

Last edited by Stone Hawk One; July 10, 2009, 07:19 PM.
          Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• And this is classic !!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNA7VFij8Dw"]YouTube - David Johnson - America's Got Talent 2009 - Episode 1[/ame]
            Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Stone Hawk One View Post
              lol!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Anyone else watch Big Brother?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• SHO, those were great.
                  "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    Anyone else watch Big Brother?
                    Of course. And the ONE PERSON I did NOT want to see all summer once again is the one who wound up back in the house. Lord, Jessie is a freaking tool. I hope they don't let him stick around long.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Exactly our thoughts deb. Ugh Jesse who can't even wear shirts.

Comment

• Entourage had a few cool cameos last night. Tom Brady golfing with the guys at a charity tournament, for instance. And Turtle's determination to hate him but failing miserably was pretty funny.

So is anyone watching "Hung"? It's started off slow but has reeled me in. And I love the Michigan ties.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hung is a great show. Plus it's nice to see so many se Michigan sights.

Comment

• I like both of those. True Blood is good also. Really waiting on Sons of Anarchy on Spike. That is suprisingly a really good show.
                            Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• I have to say, I really like Shark Tank. I tend to get annoyed with most "reality" programs but this one is interesting.

Comment

• I stopped watching American Idol a couple years ago. The last one I watched was the David Cook season. I didn't even watch the auditions this past year. I am kind of curious what people that still watch it think of Ellen becoming a judge. I would think that with Randy, Paula and Simon all being in the music industry that they would know music, talent and marketing but what qualifications does Ellen bring to the show>

I am also curious to know what others think of the show and if they plan on watching.

Anyone have any new shows that might be worth tuning in to see. Nothing this fall really sticks out at me.
                                All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X