No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Jodie Foster. I wanted to watch that but my friend from work said it wasn’t great.

I started watching Chuck tonight. The girl that plays Sarah is pretty nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      I really like Jodie Foster. I wanted to watch that but my friend from work said it wasn’t great.

I think Jodie Foster is a fantastic actor but I can't believe she's attached to this one. The creator of True Detective Nick Pallazzo removed his name from the this season and has openly slammed it. I think the setting and Foster were fantastic parts that could have played well but theres no real story or investigation. Just meaningless scenes that are all separate events never tying anything together.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
        She was fantastic in Handmaids Tale and very easy on the eyes for sure.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Pizzolatto is a bit of a douche - it's not like he knocked it out of the park each season (and that's being kind). But I think part of the issue is that they never should have branded this as True Detective - it should have just been Night Country, a stand alone limited series like The Outsider. That wouldn't have saved it from some of its failings, but expectations would have been different and you wouldn't have the True Detective fan boys actively review bombing it.

Comment

• The problem with a lot of these streaming series is they would have been better as movies. You have to larder up the story to get to 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              Pizzolatto is a bit of a douche - it's not like he knocked it out of the park each season (and that's being kind). But I think part of the issue is that they never should have branded this as True Detective - it should have just been Night Country, a stand alone limited series like The Outsider. That wouldn't have saved it from some of its failings, but expectations would have been different and you wouldn't have the True Detective fan boys actively review bombing it.
              Agreed with your rebranding of it. Absolutely because this has zero to do with detective work. There’s basically none
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                you wouldn't have the True Detective fan boys actively review bombing it.
                this sounds very similar to what the new writer is saying about the terrible reviews. Fan boys moniker and all.

No, the show is fucking terrible. Want good reviews? Write better
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It’s because it tracks. There’s a True Detective hive out there and it’s bitching up a storm. Which is weird because there’s one good season of the show. It’s not like it’s some pristine untouchable commodity.

And Pizzolatto calling out this season is rich given he rolled out season 2 which is one of the worst seasons of “prestige” TV you’ll ever see.

Comment

• Really? I thought season 2 was fantastic. Look nothing can ever come close to the original. It was epic in casting, writing and cinematography.. everything was perfect.

Season 3 was not great besides the cast but this garbage is just bad. I’m trying to find anything at all redeeming about it. Not one character is likeable or interesting
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah. If those reviews were more plentiful after episode 4 instead of the premiere, it might be more believable that it was organic than gamergate nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Really? I thought season 2 was fantastic. Look nothing can ever come close to the original. It was epic in casting, writing and cinematography.. everything was perfect.

Season 3 was not great besides the cast but this garbage is just bad. I’m trying to find anything at all redeeming about it. Not one character is likeable or interesting
                        None of them are supposed to be likable. The show is more about how they got that way and if they can come back from it. I haven’t watched any previous seasons, saving them until this one is over; but I find the “detecting” part of most detective shows to often be the least satisfying.

On a side note I find it fascinating to watch Jodi Foster, because her mannerisms and voice are giving me a lot of Michael J Fox vibes; which is just weird.
                        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• In nearly all mystery/detective stories the detecting is really the least interesting. The whole premise is meeting different characters. It's why the greatest detective mystery of all time (The Big Lebowski) is solved 3/4 of the way through the movie in the bowling alley.

Comment

• Colombo disagrees

Comment

• Really? I thought season 2 was fantastic
                              Sounds like you might be one of the hive.

The thing with this one is, they decided to give Foster's character ALL of the problems. Her son died, her husband died, she has an indigenous rebel step daughter, she's fucking her boss, she's fucking half the town, she may have killed a guy in cold blood, she drinks too much, she swears too much, she breaks the rules, she's overbearing and is pretty much disliked by everybody, except for the young deputy who looks up to her that she rides mercilessly. It's a little much.

Comment

• Columbo is no different. There's no real mystery to the audience on the crime. The whole premise of that show is to introduce you to a new set of characters and you see good old frumpled Columbo set the trap.

Comment

Working...
                                X