TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **********SPOILER***************

This is a shortened season and to me (as of this moment) that was a wasted episode. For the characters and actors themselves it was beautifully done. Many won't make it out so it was a good send off but it was kind of demeaning to the audience. Not only did NOTHING happen but they wait until the final few minutes to have Jon Snow spill the beans about who he is and then poof the dead people show up? 50+ mins of sitting around telling fish stories is what that episodes consisted of.

It reminds me Lost where the week prior was awesome and then nothing happened setting up the following week. GoT normally laughs at that generic bullshit but this time it is completely covered in it.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Dammit, jaadam, I went to a lot of trouble to install a SPOILER button....

SPOILERUse it, mfer!! lol
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• SPOILERThats what she said
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ha!!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Whole season of meet and greets and one liners. and romantic dragon getaways.

FFS.

I am sure next episode will be loaded with absolute medieval transformers action.

Comment

• Sounds like you're saying S8 is Michael Bay's "Pearl Harbor."

SPOILER
              Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              **********SPOILER***************

This is a shortened season and to me (as of this moment) that was a wasted episode. For the characters and actors themselves it was beautifully done. Many won't make it out so it was a good send off but it was kind of demeaning to the audience. Not only did NOTHING happen but they wait until the final few minutes to have Jon Snow spill the beans about who he is and then poof the dead people show up? 50+ mins of sitting around telling fish stories is what that episodes consisted of.

It reminds me Lost where the week prior was awesome and then nothing happened setting up the following week. GoT normally laughs at that generic bullshit but this time it is completely covered in it.
              Those were the best moments of 8x02. All of these characters you have spent countless time with sitting around a fire + adding the dialogue you'd think these characters would make when together. That's what we have been waiting for this whole time. The stakes are at its highest entering 8x03... 8x02 wrapped a bow around the idea that we love these characters. It was the right thing to do leading up to the Sapochnik episode.
              Plot wise, it'll come together with 5 hours+ of screen time remaining.

LOST, if you'd compare it to the last episode, I'd agree. The scenes when all of the characters that died were together in the purgatory church + the interactions different characters had. Yes.

8x03 is THE episode we have been waiting for.... can't wait to see what happens/ the reactions after its over.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If there were 4 seasons left, the current trajectory would be damning enough to say something so bold.

Comment

• Episode 3... Wow!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yes. It was good.

I enjoyed the DUNKIRK meets WESTWORLD finale vibe.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yes.

The pacing was off.

Comment

• And back to shit GOT

Comment

• lol.. there were a couple of decent scenes in the last episode but yes.. it was a big piece of shit

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• At least Starbucks came to Westeros

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Wigt behind the wall/giving NK the one tool he needed is still, and will be, one of the most flawed plot devices in the history of striving television.

-Dragon Joy rides continue to be a real fucking garbage bag this season. No THREATEMP?

-Has any personnel decision been AS CANON-CRUCIAL as Cersei promoting the alchemist? If this season ends bitterly with Lannisters prevailing -- he'll have had an integral hand in every major event since his appointment. Seems a little off/imbalanced. He also seems to have taught a band of pirates trajectory physics to a level of expertise most NBA players don't even approach.

-I haven't read the books, but EURON seems to be a brutal miscast/miswrite. Reading just small excerpts from character descriptions in the book make him out to be ultra charismatic/chaotic (Like a LEADER joker). All we got was some fucking hot topic pirates of the Caribbean event store actor who thinks opening his eyes wide and gnashing his teeth does the trick. Also, "im gunna put a baby in yur belly" still seems like one of the worst lines in the history of show. Will Ferrell declaring distance traveled and intent of ejaculate as a dreamt lumber jack in Step Brothers had a more appropriate tone. Euron the nineties rocker declaring to the world that he has likely never had sex before and thinks his unit plugs into Cersei's belly button is fucking bizarre every time it replays in my head.

I get it, they are building some tension... But some of this tautening is coming at the cost at pretty cornerstone character principles. Hard to make sense of. Suddenly the SPIDER moves at light speed. Annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X