Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
    Hey Gonz, glad you had fun - nothing beats a live show.

Just wanted to give you props about the baseball discussion we had about my little pitcher man. He has the same coach for fall ball (yay) and he asked me if I minded him working with Noble on the side because he thinks he's a great little pitcherbut he wants to work on his mechanics to keep his arm in shape. The guy pitched at a div I school (Arkansas of all places - and was a backup qb, too) so he knows more about pitching than I ever will.

So anyway, good call on him needing to tweak his mechanics, apparently coach thinks so too.
    Thanks KR1 on the show congrats.

EDIT IN: Well, all you had to do was check out the Tigers thread tag that tells everyone that GONZ KNOWS BASEBALL.

As for your boys game, nothing beats proper training at that age. Learning proper mechanics at the time the body is physically growing quite fast is the best thing for any young athlete to seek out. Playing better than the others based on pure natural talent only goes so far. Being able to maintain dominance requires longevity and taking care of ones mechanics to save any extra wear on the body is job one in making that happen.

Good for you guys for allowing him to gain knowledge from any and all input. He'll thank you later.

I was playing travel ball by age 13 but I always remembered my very smart (and former MLB minor leaguers) coaches advice the most from the time I was 10-12. Good coaching sticks with you.

Just like good parenting hopefully does.
    Last edited by Panoptes; August 12, 2012, 12:00 PM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• BTW, VB picked off Timmy Tebow the other day
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        BTW, VB picked off Timmy Tebow the other day
        Saw it.

He seems to have his head on straight now.

He knows this is for a real job and if he slips one bit, he'll be the definition of Not For Long.

Comment

• If his value free fall from Junior year to the draft wasn't the bitch slap of reality coming to call he will be working at a car wash soon enough. I don't wish ill will upon him. Hope he works it out.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I noticed the announcers didn't call his name. They said things like "Tebow was intercepted", "the Linebacker made the play", and "Cincinatti intercepts the ball"

I thought, how shitty they didn't even say his name.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
              I noticed the announcers didn't call his name. They said things like "Tebow was intercepted", "the Linebacker made the play", and "Cincinatti intercepts the ball"

I thought, how shitty they didn't even say his name.
              I heard them call his name on the int. Its the only way I knew it was him. I looked up to see what happened when they called his name.

Comment

• I saw the highlight (of tebow) and the announcers mentioned him then.

Comment

• I must not have heard it at first and we were prolly listening to the Jets' announcers anyway.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• This not only makes my day...but a whole week....hell maybe a whole month!!:-D

Universial Classic Monsters-ON BLU-RAY!!!:-o
                    Drops Oct.2nd
                    With- Dracula / Frankenstein / Bride of Frankenstein / The Wolf Man / The Mummy
                    The Invisible Man / Phantom of the Opera / Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D

"I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Just got in from a few days away, enjoyable reading the last few pages. Congrats to Cat and Dano's niece (i don't want no tongues).

Just got roped in to work at a local Music Festival. My son is in the Scouts and they needed volunteers to park cars, direct traffic and litter pick etc. My son was the only one from his pack to go. I had to go with him as each kid needed a parent. I was told it's a bit of parking and a bit of litter picking, can't believe I fell for it. It's been fucking boiling here for thelast couple of days, been up at 5.00am each morning, walking up and down fields with long grass all day, every day collecting litter until about 7.00pm with one hour break for lunch! BUT i'm proud of my 11 year old, he put in a lot more work than nearly all of the older scouts from other areas, and a lot more than some of the Adults. While we were collecting litter and foreign guy gave me a used once tent (fairly good one) for the scouts. I gave it to the pack leader, who in turn has decided to give it to my son in recognition of his work this week.

Here's who played BTW

THURSDAY 9 AUGUST

16.00-16.25 Fairport Acoustic
                      16.30-17.20 Kieran Goss
                      17.40-19.00 Legend
                      19.30-21.00 Bellowhead
                      21.30-23.00 Squeeze

FRIDAY 10 AUGUST

12.00-12.40 YFA Winner- Ioscaid
                      13.00-14.00 Ellen & The Escapades
                      14.20-15.20 Dead Flamingoes (feat. Kami Thompson & James Walbourne)
                      15.45-16.45 Tarras
                      17.05-18.15 Larkin Poe
                      18.40 -20.10 Saw Doctors
                      20.30 -22.00 Richard Thompson
                      22.30 -00.00 Joan Armatrading

SATURDAY 11 AUGUST

12.00-13.00 Richard Digance
                      13.10-14.10 Morris On
                      14.35-15.35 Brother & Bones
                      15.55-16.55 Calan
                      17.30-19.00 Special Guests - Big Country
                      19.20-20.35 Dennis Locorriere
                      21.00-00.00 Fairport Convention & Friends

I didn't know too many, and only saw some of Friday night and Saturday night (Son was asleep by 8.00pm on Thursday!!)
                      I, for some reason, have agreed to go next year when my Son asked.
                      Last edited by DeanUK; August 12, 2012, 10:06 AM.
                      AAL Quintez Cephus
                      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Good job on you and your son, Dean.

Btw, I'm on the next flight to Oxford. We'll see about that tongue.
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Oh go on then, as it's you. But no waggling.
                          AAL Quintez Cephus
                          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• LOL. That's my boy.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Viral Photo Captures Attention and Hearts All Over the World

August 9, 2012
                              Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM CDT

Bayfield, WI (Northlands NewsCenter) -- A Bayfield man has been thrust into the spotlight after a picture of him, and his 19?year?old dog went viral on the internet.

The image of John Unger and his dog Schoep has been viewed millions of times on facebook, reaching people across the world.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words but, it's safe to say one of Hannah Stonehouse Hudson's newest snapshot is worth millions.

"It's been viewed almost three million times; it's been shared I think 150,000 times. It's been like an incredible amount of times," said Hudson on an overcast day in Bayfield. "My mother has a saying, "For the comfort and convenience of the dog," and he is the epitome of this saying. He loves this dog, he takes care of this dog, his life is about this dog."

John Unger and Schoep have spent almost twenty years together; he was rescued as a puppy.

"We both wanted to work with a dog that had been abused and we knew this. We talked about it and that's what we wanted to do. We wanted to help out an animal and bring out his full potential," said Unger.

It's hard for Unger to talk about their time together because 19?year?old Shoep is nearing the end of his long, happy life.
                              "What he means to me? I can't put into words."

He suffers from arthritis and has trouble sleeping, so to ease his pain, Unger takes him swimming and Schoep will fall asleep in his arms.

"Not too many more times are we going to be able to do this. So every time now it's a pretty special feeling....the buoyancy it gives him in the water relieves the pain, or at least some of it to the point where he's relaxed," said Unger with Schoep by his side.

Hudson's picture captured this moment perfectly and her snap shot, viewed three million times, comes down to one word...love.

"They are two amazing beings and if you can take anything from this photo, take the love from it and pass it one to other people," said Hudson.
                              "You give love and that love will return ten fold, that's what I want people to get from this photograph," said Unger.

Unger has received an overwhelming amount of support since the picture went viral. People are even stepping up to help pay for Schoep's medical costs.

click the link to see the video
                              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• reminds you that there are good things in this world, despite all of the negativity that plasters the daily news.
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X