No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I absolutely hate all fires, it makes me sick to my stomach. I always felt that if it were my place burning someone would care enough about their fellow man to help out
    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Congrats DanO & Stee.
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Thanks Dean.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• WTH are we congratulating D STEE for?

Jimminy Christmas maaaaaan

That dude volunteers for that stuff.

He's just having some fun hatin on fires.

Lt. my arse!

Cap'n For The Peeps, he is.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• gonz I still love ya
            If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
              gonz I still love ya
              You know its mutual brother.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Finally got to see Mackinac Island. 'Took a buggy ride, ate at the Grand Hotel, and later watched fireworks from the edge of the water in St. Ignace.

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

Next is the bicycle ride to see the inner island.

Guessing you loaded up on Rebas Fudge.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Didn't see the Rebas Fudge, which is probably a good thing ;). The bike ride to the inner part of the island sounds very interesting. I realized after I left that the buggy ride doesn't see much of the island. The brochure made it look like you are touring the entire island.

Also made the trip to Whitefish Point to stick my toes in Lake Superior for the first time. That is a memory that will stay with me for awhile.

Comment

• A bike ride around the island is a great trip. Some interesting sites to stop and see and just observe as you ride. Buggy ride is expensive for what you get. You can see the main town on foot very easily. A bike is the way to go.

"That is a memory that will stay with me for awhile."
                      -----------------------Pretty cold wasn't it. Was Whitefish Point just happenstance or are you familiar with it's other significance?
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• DanO, I have always wanted to get to Lake Superior, so when I knew we were going to my wife's family reunion, I looked at the map and scoped out Whitefish Point. I was aware of it's relationship to the Edmund Fitzgerald wreck from the song but didn't realize it was on the eastern side of the UP. For some reason I thought Whitefish Bay was more toward Minnesota, somewhere around the Apostle Islands (which is another place I want to see along with Pictured Rocks).

It was great to visit the Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point. It gives me a little idea of the kind of situations that CGVT finds himself in...man, I cannot imagine winds over 100mph coming in off that lake, let alone being out there in the middle of it. That has to be brutal.

Comment

• Congrats on your retirement DanO. All the best man.
                          "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Congrats to DanO and Stee!
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Thanks Ozzy and Drew.

"I cannot imagine winds over 100mph coming in off that lake, let alone being out there in the middle of it. That has to be brutal."
                              ---------------------------I've been on Lake Michigan with '5.0 to '6.0 rollers. That's scary enough. They get much larger on Lake Michigan, and Superior is even worse. Don't mess with the Great Lakes in Stormy weather. STEE can better relate a story of a ship that use to transport rail cars from Wisconsin to Manistee. These ships were made to withstand high seas to a great extent. The Captain made an arrogant decision in particularly inclement weather that he could make it. He, and his crew never made it.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• With grandparents in Wisconsin, I have made a dozen trips or more on the car ferrys between Ludington and Milwaukee and Ludington and Manitowoc. I remember one trip on the Pere Marquette in November. The lake was really rolling, and we spent much of the trip in the restroom spilling our guts. Ah, the good old days. Pere Marquette, City of Midland, Badger, Spartan. . .can't remember the other boats. Now I hear that the regulators are shutting the last remaining car ferry down. Can't burn that coal. No sirree.

Comment

Working...
                                X