No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waking to the pounding beach waves of Doheny Beach while camping in the traveling condo was a make your day moment. Water is 3 shades of green (think azure).

Multi million dollar views for 60 skins a night.
    Last edited by Panoptes; June 23, 2012, 01:54 PM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Water is 3 shades of green
      Are you sure you didn't sleep in CGVT's pool house?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Waking to the pounding beach waves of Doheny Beach while camping in the traveling condo was a make your day moment. Water is 3 shades of green (think azure).

And keep thinking "azure" (Or "The Azzurri") tomorrow night for the soccer.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Waking to the pounding beach waves of Doheny Beach while camping in the traveling condo was a make your day moment. Water is 3 shades of green (think azure).

Dude, that sounds awesome. Enjoy it.
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• I absolutely love this one (although it looks incredibly painful)!
            Yes when a picture is taken at that exact time it looks really awkward for QBs and Pitchers. He looks like he got some real potential :-).

Comment

• Thanks guys! I have been in awe of him this season. In prior seasons, he would have occasional games where he would be lights out, and other games where he couldn't throw a strike to save his life. But this season he has been incredible. I think he only gave up 3 or 4 walks all season, and the few hits he gave up could have been outs if not for fielding errors (they are 11 year olds, after all). His WHIP had to have been pretty incredible - he's been Verlander-esque all year. In fact, twice this year he's struck out the side with 16 pitches (I'm out of town right now, but I'll post a video when I have the chance, cuz it's f@ckin SWEET! :-)

Gonz, thx for your input. To be honest, I was really freaked out when I first saw the photo, but after googling "pitching mechanics" and looking at photos and videos I relaxed a little bit. This is just rec league ball, so he has different coaches each season, so I don't know that any of them would have had enough time to even notice his mechanics. But I did send the photo to his current coach (who rocks, btw) to see if he has any concerns.

I don't know if he will be good enough to play for his school teams - we live in an incredibly competitive community, and he is a streaky hitter and a mediocre fielder, which might not be good enough to make it to the middle school "show" around here, but that's ok. I just love to watch him, and I love that he has developed a passion for baseball. That's MY boy! :-)

/proud mama rant
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Mom,

Do not discount his ability. Only be advised that rejections in sport are the best motivation to make the athlete perform better.

I have two athletes that were continually told they were not good enough that eventually made their HS teams and one won a team MVP and the other was elected to the All Area first team.

......both are incredible achievements.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Oh I hear ya, Marko! Those ARE impressive achievements - congrats Papa!

Considering how much he improved from last year to this year, it is possible that he will continue to get better, and I can't help but think all of that TKD he has been doing is playing a part (focus, confidence, strength, etc), and by fall ball he will be a black belt, so you never know. But this bizarre place that we live makes it very difficult for late bloomers, so I need to make sure that he is mentally prepared for the possibility that he isn't going to make the team whenever that day comes. And I agree that rejection can often be a wonderful motivator, he's just a very gentle, sensitive soul, so I worry about these things - that is what mamas do. ;-)

And a couple of random avatar comments: islair, I JUST NOW noticed the fish in your avatar. All this time I thought the chick in your photo was holding a rifle. LOFL!

And Wings fan, you always have the hottest avatars! Who is that?!?!?! At first I thought it was George Harrison, but now I don't think so. Whoever it is...YUM! Post more often please! ;-)
                  Last edited by kayrone; June 24, 2012, 10:37 AM.
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Geraldine Therese, born 6/24, 9 pounds 7 ounces, 19 3/4 inches. Both Mom and Baby are doing great.
                    Attached Files
                    AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                    2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                    3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                    4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                    5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                    6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                    7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Congratulations, Islair! Great day for you and the family!
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Congratulations Islair! Glad to hear all are doing great. I'm sure she will enjoy the protection of two older brothers as she grows up
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Congrats, Islair!
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Awww! Congrats, islair!

Comment

• Islair, Congrats for the new family addition. Enjoy.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Congrats Islair! Nice pic thanks for sharing it. :smile:
                                Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                                🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                                https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

Working...
                                X