Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
    Happens in hockey also, guys that get high sticked try to make it bleed so they can get an extra penalty on the opponent.
    You have been watching Cindy Crosby, eh?:-D
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Enjoy Dean.
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Had lunch with Frank Van Dusen today. It is always great to meet up with someone behind the name here. I hope you didn't have to wait too long on the bridge Frank, when I was driving home I saw the back-up and didn't envy you at all.
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• It was a pleasure meeting Islair and his son today. I always like meeting the people behind the personas, and Peoria seems like a great town from what I experienced, although limited at best.

The backup on the bridge was caused by a fender bender about halfway across, and once I got on, it was only a few minutes before things were back to normal. I'm in northern Kentucky, gonna stay the night here and back home to Athens tomorrow night.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Safe travels FVD
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Other than tae kwon do, my son's only sport is baseball. He's been playing since 2nd grade, and has turned into quite a pitcher. This season I've been videotaping most of his games, but yesterday I decided to break out the SLR for some still shots. I absolutely love this one (although it looks incredibly painful)!
              Attached Files
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Woah!

That's hurlin it!
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• His delivery will change in 4-5 years
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I dunno. He kinda looks like Bob Gibson...
                    Attached Files
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's what you call some torque.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• K,

I played and pitched a lot of years myself.

I would be concerned about the stress hes applying to his young body. Shoulder/elbow in particular.

That ball should nearly be gone already based on his lead foot.

He appears to have the lower body build to do well, IF his arm will hold up.

I know he's young (guessing 10'ish) and his body will change fast but this is the time he should be working on proper mechanics if he intends to play HS ball. Any pitching wise type coach around him should have caught that mechanics issue already.

Im not trying to preach, just sharing what I know.

pands

I wish my working parents would have taken just 1 nice picture like that from any of the 100's of games I played all over the Western US. Nice work.
                        Last edited by Panoptes; June 17, 2012, 05:26 PM.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• That arm and hand with the ball in it looks much older than the child himself. It's like someone has photoshopped an adults arm on! That can only be a good thing though....., means his arm looks strong to pitch. Regards Panoptes mechanics post..... I have no clue on the postures of baseball! Did you play the baseball game to a decent level Panoptes?
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Here's a picture of his last team
                            Attached Files
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Is that a beer the coach has got?
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yes it is Marko.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X