No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'll let you have the authentic experience of sleeping on the floor when you come to visit, DanO."
    --------------------------------SWEET. A Geisha girl too. I LOVE YOU man.
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• --------------------------------SWEET. A Geisha girl too. I LOVE YOU man.
      ...........booking tickets for next March........
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You gonna bring a Gaysha man back for MT3?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Thanks Islair!

DanO & Malto - I'll work on that geisha situation.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          You gonna bring a Gaysha man back for MT3?
          I didn't think that was going to be a real word...

A young gay guy that is learning the ways of the homosexual world via the guidance of an older gay social whore.

#1 definition:

A young gay guy that is learning the ways of the homosexual world via the guidance of an older gay social whore.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Hey Jeremy, I dont know why this hasn't crossed my mind yet, but what are the chances of you sending me a real, full tang, battle ready katana?
            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
              Hey Jeremy, I dont know why this hasn't crossed my mind yet, but what are the chances of you sending me a real, full tang, battle ready katana?
              You can get the cheap ones at souvenir shops for around $100. I've never really looked into the authentic ones, but I know they can get REALLY expensive.

Yeah, just looked up this website:

刀,刀剣,日本刀,居合,居合道,修心流居合術兵法,関西,兵庫県,日本刀剣愛好保存会,刀心,美術刀剣,模造刀,模擬刀

They're running about $3,000 and up. There's even one on there selling for around $40,000. It doesn't have a hand guard, handle or sheath either. Crazy.
              Last edited by LionsFanInJapan; October 19, 2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Any Hitori Hanzos?
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Who is Hattori Hanzo?

Hanzo swords

Last edited by LionsFanInJapan; October 19, 2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Damn.....I was kind hoping for a home country discount. You know....get a handful of them for about 200 bucks or so. Then you can carry them back when you visit the US again so I can skip the overseas delivery charge.
                    AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                    2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                    3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                    4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                    5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                    6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                    7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately most things are actually cheaper in the states than here in Japan. I have my folks send me quite a few things here for that very reason.

Comment

• Now got a shower after a month of Baths, never realised how much I prefer showers! Also got a new boiler (furnace) just in time for the cold weather. (Could have done with Marko to install it though as they had to come back to sort out a few problems, like actually getting water to the shower!)
                        AAL Quintez Cephus
                        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                          Now got a shower after a month of Baths, never realised how much I prefer showers! Also got a new boiler (furnace) just in time for the cold weather. (Could have done with Marko to install it though as they had to come back to sort out a few problems, like actually getting water to the shower!)
                          Nice Dean! You should definitely have had Marko come and do it...thinking of, I should get Marko to come do our house too.

Comment

• I'll need to change my ad in the paper, "Covering Lothians, Borders & Fife, sometimes Oxford......, oh, and southern Japan" ......., if you get a foreman who is completely organised LFIJ, nothing would please me more than a heating & plumbing installation in Japan! Need to find a haggis and deep fried mars bar shop though......, I don't do Sushi! :-D

Dean, sounds like you had some problems there. Did you replace an existing combi for another, or did you fit a new combi from scratch?. ....., the reason I ask is I'm trying to work out why you had problems with water at the shower. Sometimes after combis are fitted, mixer showers are either too cold or dangerously hot, depending on the cartridge in the shower. Hope it all got sorted. Let me know what boiler you got fitted....., I fit mainly Worcester Bosch myself, just cant go wrong with those......, (touch wood!!) :-D
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• New combi to replace a conventional boiler. A Worcester Bosch 30cdi, so got something right. There was no hot water at the shower as a gate valve had locked shut. They also didn't connect the cold to the shower to the mains, just the cold water tank in the loft (which was only feeding the shower). The pipes were rubbing/touching downstairs near the boiler in three places, a leaky joint and a non-existent powerflush meant thy sent someone else to do it properly! I did have to change a leaky tail, a tap washer and the washing machine taps due to new leaks at mains pressure though! I changed the cartridge in the shower (aqualisa).

It replaced a Glowworm boiler that I had already changed the PCB on once and the fan motor twice as well as a few other things.

Still all working nicely now!
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• In honor of my friend, Wee Marko, I am stopping on my way home at Ackroyds Scottish Bakery for a large meat pie for dinner.

............note: I can never leave that place with just what I went in for, there is always something else I have to have.

........sorry though, even though it is called a bakery, no fudge doughnuts.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X