No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still getting the StarTribune from "Minny"........, state schools getting $3.8M windfall for new sidewalks. Gotta say......, I'm absolutely fucking delighted, it's made my day.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• lol
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Ha! All youth soccer games cancelled today due to thunder storms.

Yessssssssss!

Now if I could only get out of my cousins wedding later today somehow.

Hmmmm

Comment

• food poisoning?
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Anonymous call to INS?
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
              food poisoning?
              Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
              Anonymous call to INS?
              2 quality contributions

I'm not sure all the rich white kids would really be a big concern to INS though.

Comment

• Hmmm rich white kids... anonymous/incriminating call to their wealthy parents?
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Anonymous call to the IRS?
                  It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Anonymous call to the KKK?

Tell them the white kids are not supporting the master race properly

Comment

• I've mentioned in the past that my wife is the niece of the late Toe Blake, player and coach of the Montreal Canadiens. This weekend, one of the arenas here was renamed in his honour. There were 800 people in attendance including about 60 of Blake's relatives. He came from a family of 11 so there are a lot. What made my day was sitting with two old friends I hadn't seen in some time, Ron Duguay and Dale McCourt plus Yvon Courneya, a man I had never met. He told a story about one time when Blake was angry at the team's poor performance and decided to impose a curfew. He told them they had to be in bed at nine pm to which Doug Harvey retorted, "ahhh coach, do we really have to stay up that late?"

Dale had a good one too. He is the nephew of George Armstrong, who at one time was the captain of the Leafs. He's still on the Leafs payroll and George says that's because he's the only one alive who can remember Toronto's Stanley Cup parade route........ Made for a great time

Comment

• Wow! That is really cool, Cat.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nice story Cat.

GO LIONS "11' !
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                            I've mentioned in the past that my wife is the niece of the late Toe Blake, player and coach of the Montreal Canadiens. This weekend, one of the arenas here was renamed in his honour. There were 800 people in attendance including about 60 of Blake's relatives. He came from a family of 11 so there are a lot. What made my day was sitting with two old friends I hadn't seen in some time, Ron Duguay and Dale McCourt plus Yvon Courneya, a man I had never met. He told a story about one time when Blake was angry at the team's poor performance and decided to impose a curfew. He told them they had to be in bed at nine pm to which Doug Harvey retorted, "ahhh coach, do we really have to stay up that late?"

Dale had a good one too. He is the nephew of George Armstrong, who at one time was the captain of the Leafs. He's still on the Leafs payroll and George says that's because he's the only one alive who can remember Toronto's Stanley Cup parade route........ Made for a great time
                            Name dropper! ;)

Cool stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Name dropper! ;)

Cool stories.

Actually, name picker upper. Do you remember Dale McCourt. I have to tell you he and his wife are the most down to earth unassuming people you could imagine. He had a pretty tough childhood but deserves a lot of props for keeping it together. He played and coached in Europe for several years but through all of his travels his favorite place in the world is Greektown.

Comment

• Good story Cat
                                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Working...
                                X