No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent the last 4 months getting trained & licensed to drive school bus in Cali.

The licensing in Cali for school bus is much harder than I thought and more expensive (and that pisses me off)

Not as easy as I thought......

But at least I'll be recession-proof for the foreseeable future!

Comment

• I hope so, YT.

My brother did the same here in Mi only to find out that many of the Districts quit hiring their own drivers (with decent pay and bennies) and hired out to a service that pays about half the wages and no bennies.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
        Spent the last 4 months getting trained & licensed to drive school bus in Cali.

The licensing in Cali for school bus is much harder than I thought and more expensive (and that pisses me off)

Not as easy as I thought......

But at least I'll be recession-proof for the foreseeable future!
        Did the trainng include dealing with possible psychos hijacking the bus YT......, like in Dirty Harry? That's a genuine question, I ain't taking the piss.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Don't sweat the pyschos. You have to fear the little gangstas you are driving more.

Unless your school bus is equipped with a metal detector.
          Last edited by Tony G; August 1, 2011, 04:16 PM.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah it's just GM promoting Detroit for marketing purposes cause it worked so well for Chrysler... but it's still nice to see.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6ei-FeNgE&feature=player_embedded"]‪Detroit in Overdrive Premieres Aug. 4 at 8 pm on Planet Green‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQbADXgQx4&feature=player_embedded"]‪PREVIEW OF PLANET GREEN'S "DETROIT IN OVERDRIVE"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              I hope so, YT.

My brother did the same here in Mi only to find out that many of the Districts quit hiring their own drivers (with decent pay and bennies) and hired out to a service that pays about half the wages and no bennies.
              Yep. The companies that are the front-runners for taking over busing for school districts are

1) Veolia

2) First Student

3) Student Transportation of America

4) Durham

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Did the trainng include dealing with possible psychos hijacking the bus YT......, like in Dirty Harry? That's a genuine question, I ain't taking the piss.
              Good questions and the answer is NO!

But I've worked mass transit for the last 12 yrs and have had several classes/seminars/OJT/emergency exercises dealing with every sort of mass transit emergency.

I am also a big proponent of training all bus & rail operators in training them on the basics of emergency management....but it always come down to 1 thing.....$$$

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post

1) Veolia
                They are over here too, they do garbage collection as well as transport in the uk.

So what do you do if your driving a bus that can't go below a certain speed or a bomb will go off? I saw a film but it looked a bit far fetched..
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Are you talking Bullocks Dean?!
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Finding out that the KC v TB first pre-c game on 8/12 is televised live here in OC. Sah-weet. KTDB!
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• "So what do you do if your driving a bus that can't go below a certain speed or a bomb will go off? I saw a film but it looked a bit far fetched.. "
                      ---------------------Saw it as well. I think Keanu Reeves was in it with Sandra Bulloch. Dennis Hopper was the bad guy.

GO LIONS "11" !
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Speed
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• That's it.

GO LIONS "11" !
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Speed
                            Never tried it......, is it any good?

Think Dean knew the title......, classic British dry humour and I love it.

Comment

• Mythbusters tried to see if the bus would make the jump.....it didn't.
                              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Shocker!
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X