• a good thing maltus. power outages just suuuuuuck
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• the ladies roll agian 3-1 looks like they play Japan for the World Cup
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Glad you got power back!
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Mark, are you on the same power grid as the Muirhead building (where Oakwood IT is)? It was funny...their power was finally restored last night around 7 pm. Then I got an email this morning stating that at 6:50 am someone hit a pole at the substation (?) and knocked it all out again. What are the odds? Good lord!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Mark, I missed that.......... sorry to hear.
              The only logical explanation is:
              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                Mark, are you on the same power grid as the Muirhead building (where Oakwood IT is)? It was funny...their power was finally restored last night around 7 pm. Then I got an email this morning stating that at 6:50 am someone hit a pole at the substation (?) and knocked it all out again. What are the odds? Good lord!
                Actually we are one unit West of the Murihead block.

Our power came on about 11PM Tuesday night. I sure hope I do not walk into a dark building. I have already purged the spoilage and replaced stock.

The irony is, when the power goes out, I have to turn the fan and compressor off so the surge when it comes back on does not ruin them. I forgot to turn off the heated doors which prevents condensation forming on the door glass this time of year. When I came in around 7AM yesterday, the power was on and the inside temp of my cooler was 88 degrees (because of the heated doors). It took all day to bring it back down to the 37 degree shut off temp I keep it at.
                Last edited by Malto Marko; July 14, 2011, 05:42 AM.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sorry Mark. I hope you don't have to go thru that again.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Man Mark that sucks. I hope there is some recourse for reimbursement for your spoilage.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                      Sorry Mark. I hope you don't have to go thru that again.
                      Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      Man Mark that sucks. I hope there is some recourse for reimbursement for your spoilage.
                      Thanks guys.

Thankfully, my power is on and the cooler temp is right where it should be.

SLF, I do have recourse with an insurance claim but dealing with a perishable product like mine, they argue over what was lost because of the problem and what would have expired on its own.

Bottom line is I could take all of my purchases since last Friday and hand them in as lost product but, that would be decietful (as I was careful to only purchase things that could hold and would be used immediately).

Really the spoilage was minimal, less than $300.00 and I would not file a claim for that even though in this type of a claim, there is zero deductible.

I am also covered for lost business but they way they determine that is really screwy. They take the same month from last years sales, add them all up and divide them by 30 and that is how much business you supposedly lost per day. Fact is, because I was able to forward the phones, I still managed to take in about $1800.00 of new business between the two days. If they were to use the formula as described above, they would have probably determined my losses at about half of what I took in.

I am not big on insurance claims anyway. I believe insurance should offset major losses, not piddly stuff like this.

I feel for the MR. Pita guy in the same block as me. He lost all of his meats, cheeses and produce. He is going to file a claim and I don't blame him.

Comment

• Man if I had food stores that were that perishable I'd definitely have a back-up Generac with automatic throwover. For $5-7K it would be money well spent. If nothing else just to avoid cleaning out spoiled meat. ugh.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Glad your losses were minimal Malto.

GO LIONS "11" !
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            Man if I had food stores that were that perishable I'd definitely have a back-up Generac with automatic throwover. For $5-7K it would be money well spent. If nothing else just to avoid cleaning out spoiled meat. ugh.
                            Actually, I know a local caterer that spent that on a backup gennie because a few years back when the whole power grid went down, he had a wedding booked and it caused all kinds of business problems.

Most grocery stores however, do not have back ups but (you did not hear this from me.......) they have a tendency to overstate their losses.

Comment

• Insurance actuaries know this as well.

As long as claims rise, so will premiums to sustain.

They are not fooling anyone but themselves.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• "Most grocery stores however, do not have back ups but (you did not hear this from me.......) they have a tendency to overstate their losses."
                                -------------------When we had the Brown out a few years back I had just left work and was in Meijers picking up a few things when the power went out. I was astonished to find out they did not have a back up generator but hey if you can just claim all your loses and then some to the insurance company why be responsible and have a generator. After leaving the store it was all over the radio stations and people were panicking. I went back to work to see if I could be of assistance but everything was under control. We actually received several letters of thanks from city residents and a commendation from the City Administrator. The City of Ann Arbor never went without water. That was not true of all communities.

GO LIONS "11" !
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X