No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While It isn't really a story that "Makes my Day", this story warms my heart.

"Capsule buried in crew's memory at Deenethorpe airfield"

"It was all agreed that whoever was the last one would bring the tankards back to Deenethorpe," she said. "It took some time trying to gather all of the information."

The widow of the last member of a WWII bomber crew that flew from Northamptonshire, buries a time capsule to honour the eight men.
    Last edited by DeanUK; June 19, 2011, 05:15 AM.
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Awesome story Dean.

The airfield was sold and became farmland after the war.
      So the current owner allowed the tankards to be buried and memorialized? A tip of the hat to that person.

Comment

• Thanks for posting that, Dean.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Happy Fathers Day to all
          If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Same to you Stee. Happy Father's Day to all the great dad's on this forum.

Comment

• Here's to hoping Rory has a spectacular day of golf.
              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Great story Dean.
                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• My wife splurged and bought me a new 4 burner grill for Fathers Day. It was on floor model on clearance at Target. The old grill needed new innards and that was going to cost me 100 dollars and I had been putting it off. This new grill cooks so much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    My wife splurged and bought me a new 4 burner grill for Fathers Day. It was on floor model on clearance at Target. The old grill needed new innards and that was going to cost me 100 dollars and I had been putting it off. This new grill cooks so much better.
                    Great Loops! Happy Grilling (especially on one that has uniform heat distribution).

Why is it when guys get a smoker or grill for Fathers Day they are thrilled and when gals get a set of pots and pans for Mothers Day it takes 20 years to live it down?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If I gave my wife pots and pans it would be more of a gift for me.

Comment

• Apparently ref's have sucked for a long time (or at least we have been bitching about them for a long time).

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Diodorus must be from Dallas.
                          Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• "This new grill cooks so much better."
                            -----------------------Yep. The new burners sitting up off the bottom of the unit and having four instead of one big one really makes a difference.

Congrats on the grill btw.

GO LIONS "11" !
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• They have Lays kettle cooked sea salt and cracked pepper chips on sale this week at Kroger for $1.99. I bought ten bags. I might get more before the week ends. :-)

GO LIONS "11" !
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Had some of those for the first time this week. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X