X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Islair!!

Comment

• very cool, Islair!
      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Congrats Ialair.

"Someone help me out here. I'm still a newb around here. WTF is Kansas talking about?"
        ------------------------------Going 100 hundred and getting off------assuming a male PO----you're either gay and performed some sexual favor or you're female and performed some sexual favor. Kansas knows you're male thus the first gay reference. After your comment he went with the female tact. All in jest of course.

GO LIONS "11" !
        Last edited by DanO; May 15, 2011, 01:04 PM.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• That was an excellent little article Islair, you should be well proud of that.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Congrats Islar!

Comment

• Well done sir!

How is the river in your area, obviously the floods are further south now..
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                Someone help me out here. I'm still a newb around here. WTF is Kansas talking about?
                Around my neck of the woods, the only people who get out of 100 MPH speeding tickets are hot chicks, or those who perform "sexual acts" on the police officer. Since you're obviously not a chick, the only thing left was the "sexual act", ergo, Treo.

My mind works in wierd ways. Sorry.
                It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• ahh, I still don't know why I didn't get arrested on that one. Really what happened was I had just bought a Honda 750 Sabre (back in 85) and my cycle learners permit had been in my wallet for all of 2 weeks. It was the first warm day of the year and I took the bike out to a country road and opened it up to 110 or so. Then I got back on the main road and came back in to town at about 60. A minute or two later I heard a siren and saw a motorcycle cop behind me. I pulled over and thought he had seen me in town. He got off his bike and asked me how fast I was going. I told him about 60 and he said, "Bullshit!!" At that point I realized he had probably seen me out in the country. His eyes nearly popped out of his head when I handed him my cycle learners permit.

Then he did the thing that made the biggest impact on me. He took off his helmet and proceeded to clearly tell me why that was such a stupid thing to do and I obviously didn't know enough to even try to handle those kind of speeds yet. He did it with far more heat in his remarks but but the biggest gist was if I was really set on killing myself I should do it another way than on his roads. Then most amazingly of all he let me off with a warning.

All I can figure is it was either the end of his shift, or he enjoyed the chance to open his bike up to chase me (he said he'd had to go 120 to catch me) on a nice spring day but he let me go on my way.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Me. I'd be taken straight to jail.

110?

Glad you're here to tell of it.

Comment

• That's a great article, Islair. I saw it on your FB page. It's cool you're getting some recognition.
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the great words and the encouragement....today was a good day.
                        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
                          My little art business got quite a bit of recognition today. I landed as the feature article in the Arts section of Sunday's paper!!

http://www.pjstar.com/entertainment/...ndmarks-in-HDR
                          $$
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            I had a female roommate named Toni one time.

GO LIONS "11" !
                            Her name was Tony before the "operation"

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              I got a speeding ticket on the A1 motorway in England for doing 81MPH (70 limit) ....... literally 5 minutes after a Ferrari Spider rocketed past me at easily 130MPH. Those 3 licence points really annoyed me.
                              Driving between London and Lakenheath I was doing a bit over 100 mph on the A11 (4 lane divided highway) when a cop pulled up behind me with his lights on. I figured I'm getting a ticket, so pulled over to the left lane to get to the shoulder on the left side of the road. As i did that the cop passed me, then it dawned on me - the right lane is the passing lane in the U.K. - he just didn't want to pass me on the left.

Comment

• Last year I was driving between Ramstein Germany and Brussels again about 100 mph - the car is was driving (Mercedes A140) blew out left fron tire, pulling the car in the concrete barrier. It was one of those barriers that push you back out into the road, which it did very well but of course the blew kept pulling back to the barrier. After I pulled off the side of the road I figured I just bought myself a mercedes. But after getting out of the car, I looked down the side of the car, not a scratch. The tire and whell were destroyed but not a scratch on the car. I figured great, all I need to do is change the tire and get back on my way. Go to the trunk, no spare. Called the rental car agency, they said not a problem. there is a tire inflation kit inthe trunk. I told them, you don't understand there is no tire to inflate. They sent out a wrecker.

While I was waiting for the wrecker to cops come along speaking french, didn't understand a word they were saying and they weren't understanding me. Called up rental car agency asked them if they could translate, not a problem. Cops were just trying to tell me being on the side of the road was dangerous, yeah no shit. Anyhow they stick a round with thier lights on to provide safety.

Waiting for the wrecker it's starts getting dark and chilly, go back to the car to grab a jacket, I wear a harley Jacket. Cop comes up to me, asks me in english "you ride a harley? so do I" son of a bitch speaks english.

Comment

Working...
                                X