No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Noooo. Sorry to hear that Deb. I'll keep you two in my thoughts and prayers.

GO LIONS "11" !
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I appreciate all of the kind thoughts and prayers. He is recovering pretty well from the surgery. Still in a lot of pain but he's him, if you know what I mean...and I'm so grateful he's around. And he's feeling some relief from that tumor being gone and no longer pressing on all of his organs. So that's good. We go back to the vet (a brilliant surgical oncologist in Canton) on Tuesday to discuss whether further treatment such as chemo is reasonable for him or not.

Through all of this, he seems most bewildered and concerned about why I'm crying so much. He's very sweet.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ugh

I'm sorry Deb...
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• im sorry too, Deb.
          "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Ugh. Deb, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Absolutely devastating Deb. So sorry to hear. if you dont mind would you tell me what type of cancer? If you dont want to discuss it I understand. The reason I ask is my dog had tumors and I may have some info that could be helpful. Completely up to you. God bless you and your puppy.
              Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• you will be in my thoughts, dear friend. :(
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Thanks, Rom.

Sadly, the biopsy results were not good. It's an aggressive cancer and has likely spread.
                  Not good news and all I can say is I am sorry.

Sorry is not good enough when you are facing a loss of a friend or loved one.

I hurt for you and if I can help don't hesitate to call. I am your neighbor that cares.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thank you all. Your friendship means a lot to me!!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• So very sorry to hear about this much strength, wishes, and prayers your way!
                      I don't even know if I am ready to talk about it.....

Comment

• Met with the oncologist today for a checkup and to discuss the biopsy results. The cancer is somewhat rare. It's a non-hemangioma non-lymphoma sarcoma, which is aggressive and likely not contained just in the tumor that was removed. However, his index rate (some rate of multiplying cells) is low, which is a positive thing. With chemo, he could live another coupld of years with good quality of life. So that's what we're going to do.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good for you Deb.

GO LIONS "11" !
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• OMG - I just stumbled on this, freaking out a little - don't know what to say. I guess that is good news, or not so bad. I know you will do the right thing for your buddy Deb. Hopefully more than a couple years.

Comment

• That seems like very good news Deborah. Glad to hear it!

Comment

• Yea, your in the right thread. Good news Deb.
                                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Working...
                                X