Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islair, ...

Good to see you made it home ok. Was very nice to see you again last Saturday night and enjoyed the time & conversation we shared. Gosh darn, as the lone Forum game attendee, you almost pulled it out for them. Good luck with your new "job", I am sure you will be successful with it.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• getting together with great people on Sunday... the thought of it just made my day
      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Ditto.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          OMFG

Getting three separate laps while driving MBZ AMG's today was beyond just fun.

My first lap was in a SL 63, $150K badass vehicle. I hit about 98mph on the back straight away (set up for about 105mph max per the MBZ team answering questions).

My second lap was in a E 63 that was nice and throaty as well but not nearly as capable and responsive as the SL 63.

With one last run available, and the C 63 everyone was raving about calling to me, I decided to take my last run in the SL 63 again and I am glad I did.

Every run required us to have a pro driver in our passenger seat (if we decided to drive) and by the end of my 3rd lap, my pro was telling me that was a great run. I got several comments of "perfect apex" calls and "you nailed it" at the end from her. I hit 102 (you only had a fraction of a second at the end of the straight to find the OD and check your speed) or so on the straight away.

I love me some gutteral, throaty, exhaust sounds when driving fast.

Now how in the world am I going to find me $150K + to get my hands on one of those monster street cars?
          I am really jealous of this. I mean really jealous, Gonz you suck. :-D

Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
          Islair, ...

Good to see you made it home ok. Was very nice to see you again last Saturday night and enjoyed the time & conversation we shared. Gosh darn, as the lone Forum game attendee, you almost pulled it out for them. Good luck with your new "job", I am sure you will be successful with it.
          Great to see you again as well, thanks for the meal and the conversation. The game was awesome and I told a few Lion fans about the forum. It was a great feeling to have all of those packer fans around me starting to sweat a little bit. I probably would have gotten myself killed if they actually would have pulled off the win.
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Thanks ISLAIR. It was definitely something to remember for me.

That same uncle of mine that took to me to the MBZ AMG test drive is now taking me this coming Sunday to a Cadillac test driving event (open to the public event he just found).

With bold design, sophisticated styling, powerful performance and innovative luxury, Cadillac vehicles are built for those who dare to be iconic.

This one appears much less race car oriented and more towards just road testing some new Cadillac crossover type vehicles against BMW, MBZ and LEXUS. I'm guessing no helmet requirments this time.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
              getting together with great people on Sunday... the thought of it just made my day
              Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Ditto.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              Excuse me there sir, and how do you know that we are great people if you have not met us yet? We may just be pulling your leg saying things on here.

See you Sunday.
              My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• He was talking about Mark and I Angeleyes.

BTW, got room in the van for me to ride to the game with you along with a cooler and smoker??

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  He was talking about Mark and I Angeleyes.

Nice!

BTW, got room in the van for me to ride to the game with you along with a cooler and smoker??

Of course we do!

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                  Looking forward to this Sunday, STEE.
                  "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• SWEET!!!

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• as I am Sharkey.....cannot wait to shake your hand
                      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Funny find, Deac.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• LOL.

STEE. What time should we expect you at the tailgate?

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Called DTV yesterday and told Customer Retention that we are canceling service to save money.

45 minutes later I had NFL Sunday Ticket, ALL movie channels (HBO, Starz, Encore, etc..) and a lowered monthly rate......$44.99 from $73.99. Deal is good for 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                LOL.

STEE. What time should we expect you at the tailgate?

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                                I PM'd him earlier in the week and he said he is leaving the Stee before 6 and expects to be in the D around 10.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X