Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy for you, Kay.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• KR1,

I guess congrats are in order.

Never heard of that "musician".

What does it play?
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Happy for you Kay.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Gonz, John Prine is a singer / songwriter / storyteller - kind of a cross between Bob Dylan & Willie Nelson. IMO.

Judging from what I know of your musical tastes you probably wouldn't like him, but he is a favorite for this old folkie.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Good deal, Kay. I hope you can get tickets. He usually plays smaller venues. Where is he playing (I need to see if he is coming to mobile anytime soon.)
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZmSEpuJtg"]YouTube- Angel From Montgomery - John Prine[/ame]
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9ZkYViEIs"]YouTube- Sam Stone - John Prine[/ame]

Comment

• ahh, very nice!

CGVT - I get email updates from Oh Boy Records with his tour schedule - this particular email only had 4 dates listed: Indy, Kalamazoo, and 2 Ohio shows.

My husband is an audiophile and collects concert DVD's - we have a John Prine show from the 70's that is one of our very best. It is cute - when my 4 year old hears a song come on the radio she always asks "is this John Prine?" (unless it is funky, in which case it's "is this Bob Marley?") That's my girl.
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• More kids and music...

My boys went to their first dance (a homeschool teen shindig). I went by shortly after midnight to pick them up and they were topping off the night with another brick in the wall p.2.

My 7 yo daughter had been wanting an mp3 player like her brothers so I rounded one up and put a bit of music on it, with her permission. A week later she said in an exasperated voice, 'Dad, I said you could put SOME Syd Barrett on it, not ALL Syd Barrett on it'. Better, she's been plinking and singing at the piano and her creations definitely have a Barrett influence
                    Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

• There are times when I really don't mind baby sitting the Grandkids ...
                      Attached Files
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• LOL.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Two odd things happened today:

1) Kids first day of 2nd grade and she gets assigned student #9

2) Kid has first soccer practice of the fall season and yes, she was randomly thrown jersey #9

^ I really hate the fact my kid wanted to play soccer at the last minute because her neighborhood best friend is playing on a team her dad coaches.

Anyway, I digress..................what the significance in all this?

MATT STAFFORD is #9, no?
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• ...so is my house number...

cute pic, Sharkie.
                            "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• My dads birthday is September 9th or 9-9
                              I don't even know if I am ready to talk about it.....

Comment

• Big deal, I have three 6s in my birth date (no joke) like it matters

Comment

Working...
                                X