• Show
Clear All

• thank you sirs.

we are extremely fortunate..
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
      Thank you Deb, SHO, LFIJ, and Oz.

Oz - is your wife not working to stay at home?
      At the moment, yes. Theres a part-time role at her old job waiting for her, but she very unhappy there and the pay is bleh! It almost pays for her to just stay at home if you know whatta mean.

Shes got her eye on a position that may be coming up at my work. If she gets it, than were going to be comfortable. Fingers crossed.
      Last edited by -Oz-; July 28, 2010, 03:48 AM.
      "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Oz - know exactly where you're at. When the paycheck is not big enough you basically end up handing it over for child care.
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I just got back from vacation in the UP. We stayed at Brimley State Park and the Tahquamenon Falls State Park. We had a great time. I highly recommend both parks but Brimley is really nice, it has an excellent beach and you can watch the freighters go into the Soo. We did the tourist boat ride through the Locks and that was cool as well.

At TQ we went to the Shipwreck Museum, that place is always cool. I love Whitefish Point. And we went under the falls. If I ever get my act together I'll post some pictures.

We never have a bad trip camping in the UP state parks, at some point we want to stay at some of the National Forest parks up there. The campsites are rustic but they are always wide open at cool sites. We visited Monacle Lake National Forest site and there was maybe 4 sites beoing used and there must have been 50.

Comment

• Sounds really wonderful, Froot. Do you have an RV/camper or do you tent camp?
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• A Popup trailer.

I think next year we are going out to Grand Haven

Comment

• A popup camper would definitely improve the rustic camping experience.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I just got back from vacation in the UP. We stayed at Brimley State Park and the Tahquamenon Falls State Park. We had a great time. I highly recommend both parks but Brimley is really nice, it has an excellent beach and you can watch the freighters go into the Soo. We did the tourist boat ride through the Locks and that was cool as well.

At TQ we went to the Shipwreck Museum, that place is always cool. I love Whitefish Point. And we went under the falls. If I ever get my act together I'll post some pictures.

We never have a bad trip camping in the UP state parks, at some point we want to stay at some of the National Forest parks up there. The campsites are rustic but they are always wide open at cool sites. We visited Monacle Lake National Forest site and there was maybe 4 sites beoing used and there must have been 50.
                  Love that park also. Took the kids up there a few years back and I will never forget them rowing me in a row boat while I watched a bald eagle circling overhead. We did make the trip to Whitefish Bay as well as Grand Marais. In fact, my user pic for a while was a picture of the kids sitting on a picnic table with Lake superior in the background from Grand Marias and I photoshoped the Stanly Cup on the Picnic table and Columbia was lifitng off in the background.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  A Popup trailer.

I think next year we are going out to Grand Haven
                  Grand Haven is quite nice also.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Went to Grand Haven a few years back. Very nice as are almost all the small towns along the west coast with the exclusion of Ludington. :-)

Little know fact------------well maybe it's not little known-----Baby Face Nelson made his first bank robbery there.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Whateva!!! ;)
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The one problem with Grand Haven and Ludington is you have to be ready to go when reservations open up.

Mark - what park were you talking about with the bald eagle?

Comment

• Pop up camper's the way to go. It's not as crappy as a tent but not as pussy as a big ole RV.

Tenting camping's no fun, unless you are truly roughing it, like hiking up into the mountains or something.

Comment

• Ain't a damn thing wrong with a travel trailer (after starting with a little pop-up and then a hybrid after that).

Go where you want to go but still living like you're in a condo.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• There are quite a few bald eagles around here. In fact there is a nesting pair about a mile from my house. But they never cease to stop me in my tracks.

One time Ms Slf and I got within about 10 yards of a pair on the beach. They were giant and beautiful.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• We saw a couple in Munising when we went on the glass bottom boat tour as well. They really are majestic to watch.
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X