Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be right there, Sweet Cheeks!

Comment

• I recieved a lovely package today for my daughter, from a fellow forumite whom I proudly call a friend.
      I just want to say a big thanks and it certainly made my day.

Also...
      Happy Birthday, DanO. All the best mate.

Islair, great pics. You have a good eye.

Deb....SHOW ME THE MONEY!! LOL. Congrats.

YT, bubs doing great. She's still learning how to kill wombats. Im so proud!
      "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• xlt
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Happy (belated) Birfday, DanO. Hope it was a nice one.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Happy Belated Birthday, Buddy!
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• ALL of Kentucky's (Basketball) players are declaring for the NBA Draft!
                John Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson, Orton ... ALL GONE!

This means that PURDUE, my college, Will be the BEST NEXT YEAR!
                Oh yeah!

And according to http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=5060752
                3 of My favorite 4 Teams are rated in the Top 4!
                (Michigan State, Butler, PURDUE!)

-------------------------------

Go Jahvid Best!
                Last edited by Cody_Russell; April 8, 2010, 11:46 AM.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• EXCUSE AND IGNORE THE POLITICS OF THIS, AND ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS:

CONGRESS CANCELLED THEIR OWN HEALTH INSURANCE !!!

NYT: ObamaCare may have accidentally stripped Congress of health coverage

posted at 9:47 pm on April 12, 2010 by Allahpundit
                  Share on Facebook | printer-friendly

The perfect ending to a day that saw support for repealing O-Care reach a new high in Rasmussen (58 percent) and support for The One reach a new weekly low in Gallup (47 percent). Turns out that fantastically long, mind-bogglingly complex bills which no one has actually read may create unintended consequences. Remember how they forgot to require insurers to cover kids with preexisting conditions? Oh, and they forgot initially to let young adults be covered by their parents’ insurance until Reid fixed it in reconciliation. Now this. Who knew that when Pelosi said they’d have to pass the bill so that people could find out what’s in it, “people” meant Congress?
                  I’d call it comedy gold if not for the obvious point raised by the Times: “If they did not know exactly what they were doing to themselves, did lawmakers who wrote and passed the bill fully grasp the details of how it would influence the lives of other Americans?”
                  The law apparently bars members of Congress from the federal employees health program, on the assumption that lawmakers should join many of their constituents in getting coverage through new state-based markets known as insurance exchanges.

But the research service found that this provision was written in an imprecise, confusing way, so it is not clear when it takes effect.
                  The new exchanges do not have to be in operation until 2014. But because of a possible “drafting error,” the report says, Congress did not specify an effective date for the section excluding lawmakers from the existing program.

Under well-established canons of statutory interpretation, the report said, “a law takes effect on the date of its enactment” unless Congress clearly specifies otherwise. And Congress did not specify any other effective date for this part of the health care law. The law was enacted when President Obama signed it three weeks ago.
                  In other words, theoretically the law kicks them out of the federal health plan now in order to force them to join insurance exchanges … that don’t exist yet. Looking forward to tomorrow, when we’re inevitably told that they meant to do that. Exit question for lawyers: Who would have standing to sue to force the federal health plan to drop Congress now? Any citizen, or is it more refined than that?
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Too Funny!
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• LOL.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• That is priceless.

What's really sad about it is that a group of about 25 of us on here could sit down over beer & pizza and write a better bill than what our supposed called leaders did.

Comment

• Careful YT. Comments on the content of the bill is political and I will remove it.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• ^

YFP

You decide what that means

Comment

• SLF,

Suck my big, fat, hairy, sweaty, pimpley ass!

Comment

• nice

Comment

Working...
                                X