Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM,

He has me fooled.

He was actually recently quoted as saying he has no idea whats going on with the Lions based on how busy he's been with his auto co. duties.

I didn't see him refute the printed quote.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Of course I could be wrong, but I believe Jr. is still heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of Ford, even though he is no longer the CEO.

Personally, I think he stepped down as CEO and brought in a "face" to run the company, while he handles a lot of the backroom dirty details that he couldn't touch as the CEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
        I'm not sure if you thought I was impressed with Ford not taking a bailout in light of how the Lions are run, so in case you did....I find it impressive Ford didn't take a bailout in light of all the companies that DID (mine included). Wasn't considering the Lions when I made my statement.
        I understood. I was just making a statement to those who equate the way the Lions are run to the way FOMOCO is run. Jr. is running FOMOCO and they are the strongest of the big three as a result.

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
        MM,

He has me fooled.

He was actually recently quoted as saying he has no idea whats going on with the Lions based on how busy he's been with his auto co. duties.

I didn't see him refute the printed quote.
        He has no reason to refute the statement. He has his hands full with FOMOCO and the fruit of his labor from the past several years is now apparent since he was able to keep his company above water without taxpayer monies. Their products are also being touted for quality and innovation.

He still has an interest in the Lions but like you and I watch from a distance as he has other axes to grind......

Originally posted by YT View Post
        Of course I could be wrong, but I believe Jr. is still heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of Ford, even though he is no longer the CEO.

Personally, I think he stepped down as CEO and brought in a "face" to run the company, while he handles a lot of the backroom dirty details that he couldn't touch as the CEO.
        Mostly correct. The new CEO also had experience in turning around an industry that had high labor costs and was considered to be instrumental to the economy of the area which it did business in and he was able to prevent a total collapse buy reinventing his industry. It is that kind of forward thinking that he was tapped to take Jrs. position.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Off Topic: Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Landing tix to see BILL BURR at the Brea Improv, Friday, Feb. 19 makes my day.

I posted some of his stuff on this forum before. He makes me laugh, a lot.

Check out some bits for a laugh:

Comment

• I just watched some of his videos....very funny!
            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

I just watched some of his videos....very funny!
              Agreed. I was laughing like crazy.
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• zoe is 6 months old today. Wont stop talking, always smiling, loves to roll and melts daddys heart constantly. Fatherhood is brilliant.
                "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Oz- View Post
                  zoe is 6 months old today. Wont stop talking, always smiling, loves to roll and melts daddys heart constantly. Fatherhood is brilliant.
                  Congrats Oz....Enjoy it.
                  AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                  2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                  3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                  4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                  5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                  6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                  7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• What a blessing, Oz!!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• thanks guys.

Oh, and happy belated birthday to you Drew!
                      "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Oz- View Post
                        zoe is 6 months old today. Wont stop talking, always smiling, loves to roll and melts daddys heart constantly. Fatherhood is brilliant.
                        Hey pops!

Hope all is well down under for everyone.

Sounds like it is.

Btw, I just took my little girl up to Top of the World and snapped a few photos on a rainy day.

Interested in me emailing you a photo from that spot we checked out?

Comment

I just watched some of his videos....very funny!
                          Originally posted by Islair View Post
                          Agreed. I was laughing like crazy.
                          Check out 125th Street, Balls on a Dog, Pedo File (the one I posted b4 is my favorite), F#*ked Up Thoughts and Going to Church.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvpTXZ1VjUA"]YouTube- Bill Burr.. Going To Church[/ame]
                          Last edited by Panoptes; January 26, 2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Gonz, those pics would be great. Been meaning to touch base with you for a while and see how youre doing. I hope all is well in the Gonzalez clan.

Ill shoot an email to you soon mate.

Comment

• Macgruber!!!!

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Comment

• Glad to hear all is well with the new family, Oz.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X